Oh yeah. Looking HOT! We are at our annual camping trip to Refugio. We found some of my mom's old school sun glasses in the car and thought they were so UGLY and crazy. Little did we know they would come back in style. That cool tape player is mine too. We made tape mixes and listened to them while laying out at the beach!
I'm sure my mom loved this Easter picture of her DARLING girls. Tara must have been away at college. I'm not sure if Lanae wore that hat to church or not!
Our streets would floor a lot growing up so yes we are in High School playing in the rain and having a great time. The best part is we relived this memory with Shane and Sadie last summer in Texas. It rained almost the whole time I was there so one day we went out in our clothes and played in it. Great memories. The kids thought we had gone crazy letting them do this but I guess we haven't grown up yet because it was sure fun!
We are on VAY-K here and we thought we were so funny to take this picture. We wanted people to think we were naked but had our swim suits on. LAME.
Oh my, this is the scariest one! My mom wanted a picture of us at prom. I promise we each had a date!!! As you can see we weren't too thrilled about taking these pictures. I was laughing because Lanae has carnations with blue tips on her corsage and she was pissed! I don't remember who she even went with but I remember thinking I'm glad I could tell Damon what to buy me so he wouldn't mess up!
Lanae was the best college room mate too! We had many late nights and so much fun. Once we thought it would be fun to put Dawn dish soap into the dishwasher to see what kind of mess it would make. If you haven't done this before it makes a HUGE mess. We did not capture the mess in the picture!
Thanks for all the fun memories Lanae. I love you and enjoy the LAST year of your twenties!

10 comments:
What a sweet tribute to your sister on her birthday! It is so nice that you have sisters!! You guys have an awesome relationship!
Happy Birthday Lanae!
How embarrassing is that!?! Where's the cantalope boob picture? :) I guess we asked for it! We have so many fun memories! That dance one is hilarious! Our lesbian picture! We were so embarrassed! How fun! Thanks Tricia for being my partner in crime!
It was so fun to see pictures of Tricia in years past (and your sister, too, of course). However, I would like to see your prom picture with Damon next time . . . I think that would be great! :)
Yeah! Flooding on Lafayette Street! I remember those days. I wasn't as crazy as you gals to go outside and lay in that gutter water, but hey - whatever floats your boat, er, your sister, right? :D
Moose
Looking at all your pictures totally took me down memory lane. I sure did look up to the two of you growing up. Plus I loved the ward camp outs to Refugio, the streets flooding, and your high school romance with Damon.
I even remember sitting on the beach at Refugio talking with you and Lanae about boys we thought were cute. And at the time you were not a fan of Damon or redheads. I just have to laugh now looking back on it all...
HAHA that is too funny!!! Thanks for posting those pictures, they are classic. I espically like the dance one!!! That is hot!!! Oh and the bath tub,,,,, you are crazy sisters!!!! That is so funt that both Shane and Lanae have the same birthday I didn't realize that!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANE!!!!!!
I'm laughing so hard, I'm CRYING! I don't know WHY the carnation thing is so funny to me, but I can totally picture Lanae all pissed about her flowers, and you guys having to take that picture like you went to the dance together...I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!
Lanae, you are awesome, and we all love you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Oh, and Tricia, in that FIRST picture, you forgot to mention that she's also wearing DAD'S sweatpants. (I LOVE that picture.)
Ha-ha-ha. That brought back a few memories for me too. I remember when you silly scrapbookers ate spaghetti without utensils. I made sure to get pictures of my boys with spaghetti faces based on your experience!
I think you should send that prom picture into Jay Leno or Ellen Degeneres - I especially like the "Imagine" printed between the two of you! hahahaha
Do you remember when we made the Mia Maid Cake with the red licorice hair in braids and her perky little boobies - do you think that was the nail in my Mia Maid leader coffin? Maybe! hahaha
I also loved the rain picture - I too am a puddle jumper/splasher. You looked like you were totally enjoying that experience!
Oh my silly and FUN girls...Lanae was quite the instigator of MANY silly and FUN times...you all had a blast together as children and teens! I cherished the fact that you girls ENJOYED all hangin' out together through the years growing up. NONE of you were antagonistic with eachother, but ENJOYED being together. That was a blessing in my life, to share in your JOY together. Lanae, you always made me laugh, or want to laugh...but not be able to "cuz I'm the Mom" (when you were a teen and did your silly things like cantelope boobs). We will have to find that picture and post it...I'm sure it is at my house.
Lanae, April 25th is a special day because of you (and now Shane too). We are glad you are part of our eternal family!
What a great tribute! I love going down memory lane. I want to see the cantaloupe boob picture, both your mom and your sister mentioned it.
I also want to see your prom picture with Damon! :)
Happy Birthday Lanae
Post a Comment