Today was Damon's first day as a detective. He was promoted to a detective in the Violent Crimes Unit and we are so proud of him. He was been with Metro for 4 years and has done a lot in his short career. Shane was born when Damon was going through the Police Academy. It is weird to think how much has changed since then in our family and in his career. Gone are the days of black and whites and being the new guy on patrol. He traded in his white take home car yesterday and there is no more getting robbed as part of his civic duties.Shane is not a new baby and we have added Trevor to our family too! Look how big Shane is now in this picture! We have crazy little Trevor but I'm not sharing his WT picture with snot dripping down his face, sweats and a watermelon stained face and shirt. You'll just have to picture that image in your head! We have been so blessed with our beautiful boys and Damon's safety at work minus a broken knee, hurt back and some major scrapes and bruises occasionally!
The only thing I'm not looking forward to: GRAVEYARD shift! YIKES. I have to get all ready tonight with my things laid out if I want to shower in the boys bathroom and be super quiet all day. Damon starts work at 8 p.m. and ends at 6 a.m.! It will be an adjustment for us all but completely worth it. Thanks Damon for all your hard work in supporting our family. We are so proud of you!

10 comments:
Congrats Damon! You're amazing, and we are ALL proud of you!!! You really HAVE done a lot in a short amount of time. Keep up the good work and we'll keep lookin' for the blog titled "CHIEF Young." Ü
That's awesome! Come to my house if your kids are too wild and Damon can't sleep. We'd be happy to entertain!
YEAH DAMON!!!!! Wow! You are moving up that ladder SO fast! I am glad your bosses see your amazing potential! We are all so proud of you! You have a very difficult job and handle everything so well!! Thanks for making the world a better place! ;) Love you guys!
So nice to "meet" you! I am glad my craziness is helping someone ha ha! Wow from what I can see, photography talent definitely runs in your family! You and Lanae are just awesome!
Oh any p.s. I LOVE the name Shane...that's my hubby's name!
Heeey, congrats on the promo, "D"!
Sorry to hear you gotta go back to working graves, but that's all part of putting in time.
Props to you and I'll have to call you and catch up with you soon.
Later!
Moose
"You've come a long way baby" in such a SHORT amount of time. Wow, Damon, we are happy for you in this new chapter of your career! You have got what-it-takes! Keep on dazzling them with 'your stuff'. We wish you safety and fulfillment in your promotion to Detective! We, too, are PROUD of you!
PS I hope you are a heavy sleeper with two active boys. :)
congratulations to you and Damon! that is so awesome! I always come check you and your cute family out from Lanae's as well! You famiy is so cute! Yes, Reid's mom is Brittany Weaver, what a small world! Their is a link to their blog on my page if you want to navigate over there!
How is life going these days? How old are your boys! Looks like lots of fun!
Congratulations Damon- you rock!!
I love you!!
Nance
Congratulations Damon! Eddie was wondering whatever happened to that high school kid who used to... haha just kidding :)
Post a Comment