Saturday, April 19, 2008

Yeahooo!!

I am FINALLY doing it! I started and am actually keeping with it and I'm shocking myself too! Yes, I am dieting well I started Weight Watchers in the middle of Feb. and today I hit my first goal, I have lost 20.6 pounds!! I have always struggled with weight and I'm so happy I'm going strong. I wasn't going to ever write about it on my blog but I have not been doing as good the last few weeks so I am trying a new motivation. Each Friday is weigh in and I'm going to let you know each week whether it's good or bad what the results are. I think this will help me so I won't embarrass myself with bad habits! It has actually been fun because a couple of my friends are doing it with me so it's great to have the support. Any one else want to join in on the fun, let me know! If you have any pointers or know of some yummy things for a few points SHARE, SHARE, SHARE!

9 comments:

Tara said...

HORRAY! I'm proud of you and impressed with you reaching your first goal! I'm sure it feels great. I think it's a good idea to POST about your weekly weigh in...and we'll all be here cheering you on. (Secretly I'm hoping that your success will be a motivation for ME to kick my butt into gear. I'd LOVE to lose 20.6 pounds!) Great job Tricia! I hope you gave yourself a reward for hitting your goal. (New workout clothes? Pants in your new size!Something.) Keep it up.

Pike's Place said...

Okay, that is SO awesome! I wish I could have celebrated with you yesterday (I didn't make it due to napping kids). I'm very proud of you, and you look great!

Monson Family said...

Woo Hoo!!!! Yeah Tricia! I am so proud of you! You are so strong and so awesome! Thanks for the incouragement!!! You are one Hot Mama! Love you!

Jodi said...

20.6 pounds?! That's so good for just a couple of months; I'm really impressed. You'll have to periodically post pictures with your results, so that we can the new you.

Amy G said...

Tricia,
Congratulations!!! I truly know how tough that can be! Keep up the good and hard work!

The last time I did weight watchers - Debra Slack was my counselor and I was always joking during the meetings with my ideas etc. Well one tip was to just go to bed - you can't eat when you sleep! Lo and behold sleep is really truly a great thing to fight fat! I'm taking a psychology class this semester and a health class and both classes have brought up this point. Your body produces more leptin if you get sleep and leptin helps you fight fat! So go to bed! hahaha - trust me I need to do better at this too. In my other class we studied an experment where they had a group of people that they had sleep 8 hours a night for a couple weeks, then they had them go to 4 hours of sleep a night and then up to 12 hours of sleep. When they were doing the 4 hour nights their body started to act like it was diabetic after only a few nights!!!! Double yikes!!!

A few other things I've learned is the power of milk - there really is something great about calcium and milk. I'm not looking at the article so I don't remember the specific details but I think 32 oz. of milk a day can do wonders. Also I just heard last week that an apple before a meal helps you feel more satisfied - it's because of the fiber. I've got to get back on the saddle when it comes to getting in shape. This semester I've tweaked one ankle, tweaked the other foot's toe, had a bunch of peri-menopause joy and the list goes on and on as far as excuses go but I must really get back on the saddle. Perhaps I will use your good news as a source of motivation!

Congrats to your husband too! Very cool!

Amy
p.s. I just read Tara's response and I have to say it reminded me of something - PURGE all fat clothes and buy things with a definite wasteband!!!! I swear this is one area where I really failed. When I had Jacob I should have immediately tried to get back in my skinny jeans and I should have put them up where I could see them every day! Also go to the temple and go often - last night when I was there I heard a phrase and thought - wow if I had heard that once a week when I was younger I might have found the strength to be in more control! Okay so no problem right - milk, sleep, temple and apples - oh ya and get rid of clothes when they no longer fit! haha - you are awesome!

Amy G said...

oh and I have to give a shout out for a super yum snack that I think has to be low in points - they're Popchips! Oh boy do they taste good - they have a few different types but I prefer the Potato Chips. They have the smell and taste of potato chips but they're very, very low in fat!

Also have you heard of the angel food cake pineapple muffins? You take an angel food cake mix and dump in the big can of crushed pineapple - mix it up and drop it into cupcake pans -you could also bake it as one big cake but the muffins make it quick and easy for a snack. If I remember right a muffin was a point or two.

I also have a really good creamy fluffy pie recipe that you can make in any sugar free jello flavor. I'll send that if you're interested - you can eat like a 1/6th of the pie and it's only a few points.

Another tip I've heard and my girlfriend found great success - have a set breakfast and lunch - that way it's a no brainer - you know exactly what the points are and you don't have to wonder what's for lunch or breakfast. Okay well I better hit the hay - I want to produce leptin...ha
Amy

Gramma Stewie said...

Once you set you mind to something...you DO IT! That is our Tricia! 20.6 lbs. is amazing in that amount of time! WOW: GREAT accomplishment, honey! I need to take heed and move into those same good habits you are doing! And doing it with all the snacks you have to have around to give to kids...that is double GREAT! I hope to follow suit soon....Congrats! Oh, and you looked so great the last time we saw you too! (even tho you were sick, I know)

j- said...

Tricia!! That is awesome that is a freaking lot of weight in such a short time, you must be working dang hard! I did Weight Watchers last year and stopped after 3 months and 10 lbs, I plateaued and got tired of paying them money for them tot ell me I wasn't losing anything, but I learned a lot! This year I am going to the gym 5-6 days a week, and unfortunately not losing anything (Rude, huh!) But I feel better, and that is great!! I am so happy for you!! Rock on, girl!!

Cyndi said...

GOOD JOB!!! You are good at what you do. Keep up the good work.