Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Little Pack Rat!

You would think I was cleaning out a room or setting up for a garage sale, but no ALL this was in Trevor's crib for sleeping! He is one crazy 2 year old! If I take one little thing out he will notice and find it or something else usually larger to replace it! Last week I took out the little green plastic piece to the pirate ship and the helicopter pad to the train set and before he got into bed he went around his room finding them!

The good news, his room never and I mean NEVER has anything on the floor. If he can see it he tosses it into his bed for safe keeping. The bad news is, he can have NOTHING in sight in his room. I had some books and toys on his shelf and they are long gone. You can see he sleeps with an empty picture frame that was on the shelf too but he has taken the picture out of the "baby."Sometimes I worry he won't sleep but he always does. You would think and I would hope this would mean he would play a long time in the morning so I wouldn't have to get up so early but the playing only lasts a few minutes then he is screaming, " MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" He really doesn't play with them before he goes to bed either. Some nights I will hear some of the toys make some noise but I think that is more because he hit them in his sleep! I stopped cleaning them up each night because this is Trevor. This is what he likes right now even though it's a little silly. Besides, when I did clean it up it would take way too long to put him in bed because he was busy collecting!
See how happy he is with all of his junk! Besides all the toys he usually has at least 4-6 blankets! He is comfortable between all his boys and blankets. This picture was taken last week when Buzz and Nemo were in the bed. Since then they have been moved into the car along with an instruction booklet for the train table! Ever since Trevor was born he has been determined. Whatever he wants he works so hard to get. If he doesn't get it the entire neighborhood hears about it with his loud screeches!! I wonder what this hard work and determination will bring him in the years to come.


6 comments:

Jodi said...

Kids are so funny! Everyone has their little quirks, but I'd have to say Trevor's packed crib is one of my favorites. And I'm quite impressed that he remembers what he's packed away and hunts it down when it's missing.

zdiggity said...

That is hilarious! I love all the funny things little kids do. I found you from Tara's blog and I am excited to check in on your life from time to time. Your boys are adorable!!!

Tiffany McBride

Cyndi said...

That is too cute! He is a silly boy. So fun to document this crazy phase...its such a fun memory to have documented.

Pike's Place said...

Oh my goodness! Trevor's hilarious!

Erica and Curtis said...

Chase does the same things! It seriously must be the age. He has to have like 5 specific stuffed animals in his bed until he will lay down to sleep! Two year olds!!! Trevor is a cutie.

Monson Family said...

He is so cute! I just want to squeeze him! What a bummer that he doesn't entertain himself longer when he wakes up! What a cutie!