Saturday, July 12, 2008

Finally!

Finally a chocolate chip cookie recipe I can make. I hate to admit it but I can't seem to make those PERFECT chocolate chip cookies I think every good mom should know how to make. Every recipe I try just never seems to taste yummy AND look pretty. I know I should have mastered this before I had kids but I think I have and at least it is before Shane goes to school so he'll now have a decent looking after school snack! Thanks to the world's best Visiting Teacher, Karin, for bringing me the best CC cookies ever and then being nice enough to share the recipe. We had a BBQ to go to tonight so I decided to try out the recipe. If you look below you will see I no longer have problems with making PERFECT Chocolate Chip Cookies. You'll just have to trust me on how they taste or if you're in the neighborhood stop by and try some but make it soon because they won't last! PERFECT Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 Cup butter
1/2 Cup sugar
1/3 Cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Cream together in bowl. Then add:

1 1/2 Cups flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 Cup chocolate chips

Bake 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.

**No, I didn't mess up on the recipe and forget the salt. I know, because I called Karin to double check! So easy and so yummy. Now I can work on that Mother of the Year Award I'm trying for. I think I might have a good chance because I don't have a BABY TO DROP this year!!!! WAIT, maybe that is Trevor's problem... he was dropped one to many times. Poor boy. If you don't know please don't ask how many times he was dropped in the first 9 months of his life!

7 comments:

Tara said...

Horray! I LOVE when I'm the first to comment on a post. Those DO look perfect! I love you picture too. (Seriously, is that just some adorable fabric you happen to have laying around? I love it!!!)
I'm SO stealing this recipe and trying it. Thank Karin for me, and thank YOU for sharing it too! Ü

Pike's Place said...

That looks so easy and yummy . . . I'll have to try it. Thanks to you and Karin!

Erica and Curtis said...

Share Share Share Share! My mouth is watering!!!

KB said...

YOU CAN ALL THANK ME BY BRINGING BY A FEW OF THESE PERFECT COOKIES!!! :-)

Tricia- I am so glad that this recipe worked out! I had no idea I was in possesion of such a special recipe! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to give this recipe a try and see if it's better than my mom's chocolate chip cookies. I've been itching to make some of them since a friend of mine that I grew up with called me asking for the recipe the other day. I'll have to try this one and see. They sound delicious. Thanks for sharing and not keeping the secret to yourself. :)

Cyndi said...

YUMMMY! I will have to try that recipe...they look delicious!

Monson Family said...

Even though I have a recipe that I like, I have to try these because they look so good!