Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Little Mr. Manners

I was worried about Trevor. This is a picture of my sweet Trevor last year when he had No manners. Don't let that darling little smile fool you! At this age, Shane would say excuse me when he wanted to get by. He would love me and hug me throughout the day. Trevor on the other hand, would say MOVE IT and grunt when he wanted to get by and run around throughout the day making messes. The messes haven't changed but tonight I realized I haven't failed as a mother and I have a little 2 year old with manners.

Side note: That precious quilt in the background my Great Grandma Beebe (am I right on which Grandma mom?) quilted to top. She was an excellent seamstress and it pains me to think of all the quilts she would make and GIVE to new moms in her ward. I would cherish those blankets today but that is not the story. She never got around to quilting this blanket so my mom ask my Grandma Stewart to add the back and quilt it for her! AMAZING and PRICELESS.

This is Trevor now and as cute as ever! He now says excuse me when he wants to get by and even no thank you when I ask him if he wants something to eat and he doesn't want it! Wow I'm a good mom. Tonight he truly showed us all what good manner he has. I had put Trevor to bed and closed the door like always about 30 minutes before Damon went to bed. When Damon went upstairs he noticed Shane's bedroom light on so he turned it off. He then heard Trevor say in his room "Light on." So Damon turned it on and then he hears "thank you." Damon turns the light off again and again Trevor says, "light on." Damon turns it back on and hear "thanks." This goes on for awhile then I join in on the fun then Grandpa Young is visiting and comes to listen too. We go back and forth about 20 times! I can hardly keep myself from crying I'm laughing so hard! Silly Trevor you KNOW you are funny! We go in to see you and you are sitting up playing with all the wonderful toys in your bed! I can see why you know when one single toy is missing out of your crib because you quietly play with them each night when I think you are sleeping!

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

Trevor is SO much fun! and too freakin' CUTE! That sounds like a silly game.

Pike's Place said...

Tricia, I'm surprised you ever questioned your ability as a mom. You are an amazing mom -- the kind of mom I aspire to!

Jodi said...

This is such a cute story. Thanks for sharing...

Michelle said...

that is the cutest thing i have heard all day. I love those moments when we see all of our efforts pay off. Way to go!!!