Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hurt by a 2 year old!

Well, he hasn't really hurt me but indirectly he has! This crazy little boy does something crazy each day to give my life VARIETY! So I guess I would say my life is very spicy since Variety is the spice of life!! This is how I was beat up with burnt fingers and a bruised, well... butt!! (Don't worry there are not pictures of my owies below!) Trevor's new form of entertainment is to dump any and every type of toy down the stairs. Last week he decided it would be fun to dump the lego's all down the stairs. As I hope you can see by my incredibly blurry picture he was proud of his new mess until...

Mommy was in the middle of laundry and forgot about the legos had her arms full and couldn't see the trap I was walking into and FELL DOWN THE STAIRS! Well, when I landed, I landed right on a lego and now have this enormous lego bruise on my tooshie complete with 4 circles from the lego!! Don't worry I was laughing/crying as it happened so you can laugh at me too. I do realize how funny it is when people fall but the boys don't realize this yet. The boys were at the top of the stairs with their eyes wide eyed and mouths open not saying a word but in SHOCK!
Now my next hurt was on Sunday when I opened the oven and Trevor magically appeared so I pushed him away and burnt my fingers in the process! Oh this hurt!!! I have had bad luck, but I hope my clumsiness is over with and this is as bad as it gets!

Now onto last night when he found "the stickers." I wasn't hurt but my budget was! My house is now decorated with a roll, yes a roll of stamps! Trevor found this cute little 4th of July flag stickers and decided to put them on the desk, trashcan, himself and brother! The roll was close to the end so it isn't too bad but still.
He's covering the stamps on his legs but there are a few there too.

What a tease! He knows Trevor was bad but wanted to get in on the fun!

10 comments:

Pike's Place said...

I'm sorry for the bruises, but it sounds like you were a good sport. My injuries are usually kid-related as well.

I was actually going to ask if I could borrow some stamps (okay, not really), but now I guess I won't. They're busy affixed to your furniture at the moment. :)

Cyndi said...

I'm sorry Trish but that bruise sounds HILARIOUS! To have a lego shaped bruise is funny. I hope you didn't fall too far down the stairs...stairs actually scare me for this very reason. (Especially outdoor stairs in the snow...ahhhhh!!!) But I hope all your battle wounds heal up quickly...and I'm sorry about those stamps that is frustrating.craagar1

Christal said...

It really feels good to read you'r blog and know that I'm not the only one with a little boy full of so much engery that trouble is part of every day life. I know what your going through!

Gramma Stewie said...

Ohhhhhhh, honey: I'm sorry you are getting the brunt of things lately. Still, a bruise the shape of a lego is quite unique! Are you sure you don't want to post it on your blog? Maybe we don't 'believe' you....just kidding. I know, the privacy act! Hey now, you be careful! Such an exciting and crazy post. Gee! Be careful, sweetie! Stairs are scary, especially when they land on HARD TILE FLOORING! We love you!

Tricia said...

UPDATE: I now have the WORST headace all because Mr. Trevor threw a WOODED BLOCK at my head! Shane was playing with a ball and Trevor couldn't find one to throw so he thought a block wood be ok. This wasn't so comical and I wasn't so nice... time out!

Dasdel said...

Ouch! I have personal experience with legos. Not on my butt, but stepping on them. So many times when Jake was a little guy he would leave them all over and then I would come, in usually carrying laundry, and step on them barefoot. Those things hurt! I would threaten to throw them away but I knew I wouldn't because they weren't cheap. Ugh... boys and their toys.

Monson Family said...

How tragic, you fell down the stairs! But I have to admit I was laughing inside! Cute little Trevor adding so much spice to your boring days! ;) I would like to see a picture of that bruise though! :) LOL...just kidding...about the LOL!

j- said...

Ohhh! I HATE stepping on legos and hot wheels cars!! The little legos kill too!! It's a good thing you were carrying laundry and not one of the boys!! I am sorry to hear about the block thing too- kids! If it makes you feel any better once Dalton found a hot wheels airplane with a pointy nose and walked around the house making holes in the wall with it. I was probably nursing Tommy- I'm usually not that inattentive- but we still have the little scars all over since our walls our textured and I haven't fixed that part- that didn't hurt me physically but every time i think about it I cringe!!

j- said...

Clarification: The holes are no longer there just the spots where we we filled them with putty. Hey- we tried!

j- said...

Tricia!
We'd love to see you guys!! We will be staying in Vegas next Friday- will Friday afternoon or Saturday morning work better for you guys?