We have lost a major source in our family and I need help!!! Our computer died yesterday! I have all my pictures backed up but I didn't think to back up my DOCUMENTS! Which means I have lost my website, letters to kids, etc. Please, please does anyone have a computer friend! The poor computer is 4.5 years old and will start but just starts in safe mode(the black screen with white writing) and it just reloads and reloads! Any ideas, anyone!!??!!
The good news, we have a new computer that has tons of memory! The screen is almost too big (24 inches) and I'm going to love editing pictures on it. We have come a long way. When Damon and I were first married we lived in a basement apartment in Orem, UT and have a 9 inch, yes I meant what I typed a NINE inch TV!!! To top it off it was on top of a box and our couches were from DI! Life was so simple then.
Please let me know if anyone has a computer friend that can help this sad mama!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
It is probably an easy fix. You probably have a corrupted file. If you have XP, you can boot off of the windows xp disk and run a repair or you can find someone who has who has a PE32 disk. It is basically an emergency repair disk. Nathan is a PC guy so I am just typing this as he speaks hoping it makes sense. Call us if you want a better explanation or just need more help.
Me again--
PE32 is short for Bart pre installed environment. You can search on the internet under "Bart PE" download it to your new computer, burn it to a cd and then run it on your sad machine and it should help it.
I don't know anyone to help or how to help, but I just have to say the exact same thing happened to us a few days ago!!! Not kidding you. We had to run the recovery disks and lost everything on the computer. Luckily I put almost everything (including all of our pictures) on our external hard drive. Thankfully that is all still there, but I have plans in the next couple of weeks to backup all of that, too. Hope you got yours working. It's a TERRIBLE feeling.
Jon warned me about a virus that's doing this, where you open a hallmark e-card from soneone that really is in your address book...and then it wipes your hard-drive clean.
I HOPE this isn't what happened to you!!!!
I talked to you briefly today, and it sounded like you were working on it...keep us updated on the results, I'm anxious to hear what happened.
Oh, and THANKS for posting the adoption button!!! You're awesome!!!
Tricia,
I've messed with my computer so many times. If you have XP and if you can open it in safe mode, you can do what's called system restore. If you can open in safe mode click on control panel and then performance and maintenance and then on the left hand side it says system restore.
I will also say it might be wise to head off to a professional because you don't want to lose what might still be there.
Good luck! I feel your pain!!!
Post a Comment