Anyone else completely annoyed by these gallon's of milk? Lanae said they haven't changed them in Texas so why are we getting them in Vegas? Here is why they don't work for me:
1. They aren't clear so it's hard to see how much milk you have left
2. They are taller and don't fit on my shelf how I would like them to and take up more room
3. They pour out SUPER fast and I ALWAYS end up spilling
Oh well, I just pray the grocery store doesn't change their milk packaging too. I'm off to spill some milk as Shane is requesting some chocolate milk! I know I shouldn't cry over spilt milk but really people, why change a good thing!

10 comments:
Those are CRAZY. We just went to Costco a few days ago and got milk and they haven't changed here...YET! They look so WEIRD. Why change something that works!
I'm totally bugged by those things, too. The first time I saw them at Sam's I wondered where they had moved the milk to and what in the world those things were. Maybe we should start a petition to change back!
Yes! I know what you mean -- I was bugged the last time we got them, too. Pouring was much trickier. Jer told me that the store clerk said they were much better . . . but I can't remember the reason why now. Either way, change is NOT good in this case.
I have never seen those! That is plain crazy! I just bought milk at CostCo last weekend, everything seemed normal. I hope they never change to those here!
I hate these too! So annoying, I'm always pouring milk onto my counter and floor! Sippy cups and bottles are not easy to fill anyway! A clerk told me that its because they can fit 400 extra gallons per truck and that saves them almost 10,000 truck loads a year nationwide. (How that adds up I don't know). Bottom line it all comes down to gas prices!
Where's the spout!?! Annoying!!! I don't like the change...I am glad I don't have to experience it so far. Maybe they are testing them out you crazy las vegas people!
The reason for the opaque is sunlight makes the milk spoil faster. It probably depends on the milk processor if they decide to get the equipment changed to handle the new bottle. So we may not see them here.
Now what really frosts me is the change of ice cream from 1.75 to 1.5 quart size. Bring back the 1/2 gallon size!!!!
I HATE THEM!!! Not worth the cents you save to buy them. I end up spilling anything I save! I refuse to buy milk there anymore. Smith's here I come! :-)
Luckily we haven't got those crazy things here yet. We just bought milk at Costco yesterday and it was normal. I hope this trend does NOT catch on. They sound terrible! I hope like Lanae said, they are just trying it out in Vegas. All you Vegas people....speak up and let them know what you think....in their suggestion boxes. This is one time you CAN cry over spilt milk, Trish.
Our Costco hasn't changed...YET! The news clip I saw on the change was said that the new cartons are designed for better transportation in bulk and stackability. Money savings for Costco - not better for the consumer.
Post a Comment