Life has been great around the Young house. We have been enjoying warm weather (not the past few days.. it's freezing again!) outside bike rides, BBQing, and even a few trips to Toys R Us! I usually write about how much fun it is to be the Mommy in charge and all the fun I have, but today it's about the fun of being the Daddy! Damon and the boys went to Toys R Us (first time out with BOTH boys!!!) to buy a real model rocket to blast off! Here they are putting it together.
Damon ended up having to go to work on his day off (something happening a lot around here. We miss him but will enjoy the overtime!) and it was too dark to do it once he got home yesterday. Instead we waited, and waited, and waited!

Daddy finally got home and we went to launch it!

Proud Daddy and boys! Trevor can hardly hold all that excitement in! He really did like it but it was COLD! When it was done he went on and on about "the awesome rocket going to space!"

It lasted about 20 seconds but an exciting 20 seconds it was!! The blast was faster than I thought and loud too and off it went! It just kept going up and up to over 900 ft or so the box says! Shane was scared that security would come get us and Trevor was screaming with excitement!

We will be having another rocket launch tomorrow if anyone would like to join us for 20 seconds of fun!
9 comments:
What a fun boy bonding thing to do! I do love that Shane has on flip flops... even in the COLD!
My dad did this with my nephews and they still talk about it- years later. So fun!
I remember doing this with my Dad! There's just something about rockets and kids.... so much fun!
How fun! We will have to try that one. Sounds like a little boy dream.
I am laughing that it is his first time out with both boys. I hope they survived!!
The rockets look so fun!!
I am impressed Damon knew the Little Einstiens mantra. pat pat pat pat- blast off!!
How fun! Where did you guys go that Shane was worried about being caught!
Cute that Trevor was talking about the "Awesome rocket" that went into space...and Shanes' worried while Trevor's screaming he's so excited!
Love the BOY post! (You so need a girl!)
That is SO fun. Your boys are too cute, love their personalities!
Grammma Stewie wishes she was there too! What a wonderful BOY activity for the family to do together! That looks like a tall rocket....they sell those at Toys R Us? Wow: Nice! See you all in a few days.
I LOVE it! How fun is that!?! Good job Damon on your first outting alone with both boys! Ha Ha! You guys are so fun! What a fun idea Daddy! I am sure it will be a hit for a long time! They are so cute!!
Post a Comment