Today I realized I'm not one of those strong moms. As he got the first of 2 sets of blood work I was fighting back tears! I thought about my friends, Angie, and her little guy and wondering how she was so strong. Read their story here she is amazing! They wrapped him up like a burrito and I could make it fun telling him I wanted to eat him and make him laugh until he hurt. Until his lip curled the biggest I have every seen it as he looked at me with a tear in his eye for comfort. I told him it was OK and the tear never came out because he knows mommy is always right.
He got Xrays and an MRI too. They all said 2 year olds are a disaster but he held still as still could be. He just quietly looks at those big cameras and the big flashlight soaking it all in. He got some meds in him and soon he began to smile. A good mom always comes prepared and this I was. I was thinking more for the waiting room but after all the tests and waiting for the tests we were there for almost 3 hours! He had Mack and all his race cars with their "babies." Lucy gave Trevor the cutest little cars and he has so much fun with them!
We thought we were done with all the poking when they came back for more blood work. This time Mr. Trevor wasn't so nice because he knew what was going to happen. He screamed and cried then asked if we could leave. Our dear nurse, Hulga (which was not her name but it could have been with her big old wart on her chin with 3 long hairs growing out of it!) felt so bad and brought him drinks and Popsicles. Trevor became bored of the TV and wanted to play on my phone. It kept me busy too for awhile!

As soon as we got to the car he conked out and I said a prayer of gratitude. It is hard seeing your little one in pain and I'm glad he will be back to normal soon enough. I now look at this time as a time of cleaning. A time to clean those walls and old messes before he can move on and make more! This will be huge in my world! Trevor was happy to be home and show Daddy and Shane pictures of his bones and to sit and play with Shane and the bat cave. I was happy he was home safe and sound.
Good news: no broken bones and nothing too serious. Diagnosis: transient synovitis. We got sick the week before Christmas with an awful bug. It kept coming and going. The Dr. said this virus settled in Trevor's hip joint and there is fluid built up in there now. It's a little boy thing for every 4 boys that get it 1 girl does. There is nothing to be done it will drain on it's own and the pain should go away in 3-5 days. As for now the Dr. said he is in pain. He is like an 80 year old with an arthritic hip! He hobbles around like a little old man!

12 comments:
I talked to you yesterday, so starting to read this post, I already knew the outcome, and you still brought tears to my eyes.
I'm really glad he's okay...but I'd like to see what he looks like hobbiling aroud like he's 80 when he's 2. (Make sure you take video! That will be priceless when he's 25!)
Sounds like a rough night. Glad he's ok!
How scary! I always cry when my kids are in pain. I started tearing up just reading your story. What a long scary night for your guys! Its so hard when they cant tell you what is wrong and being mom you always jump to the worst conclusions. How relieving that he's okay! I think a looonnnggg nap is in order!
Poor little guy! I'm glad it's nothing too serious, although that sounds so painful! Hope he starts feeling better soon.
I'm glad he's okay. And you are a strong mom . . . what could have been a horrible experience seemed like it went pretty smoothly. You did great!
OM Goodness! My eyes were welling up with tears as I read your ER story! I can't imagine how I would be! I'm glad to hear he's okay!
He is so cute and so sweet. I just want to hug him and give him a big kiss! I know what you mean, I have a hard time being strong. I bet a tear was building up in your eye when he had one too! Good job on being strong!! I am glad everything is okay! I love the car ramp! Too cute and what a boy! I love it!
Oh Tricia - I have been in your shoes and it is terrifying and yet it can also be calming - when Edward swallowed the quarter my brain kept saying I should be freaked but I suppose the spirit kept telling me that no matter what everything would be okay. Anyways I hope you're not upset that I told your FIL about Trevor - I was down at the church last night for choir and he was there for great to be 8 and I said - is Trevor okay? - he was clueless and I thought - crap I shouldn't have worried him.
What an interesting diagnosis - almost reminds me of what happened to Joseph Smith - but a totally different cause for the inflamation and thankfully a different outcome - but aren't our bodies interesting and strange - you never think a cold or flu is going to settle in a joint and cause you pain - that would be mind boggling to experience.
It's horrible to watch your child suffer with iv's and blood work. Be thankful for health insurance - Edward's quarter would have cost more than $10,000 dollars - yuck!
I hope he's feeling back to normal fast!
oh also did you keep your x-rays - it's the law you can have them! I got Edward's - they're fun to see the quarter in his chest. Fun for a dr. play activity -
okay - duh - I see you kept the x-rays. I really should find my glasses.
OMG that is so sad! I seriously think that kids shouldnt be able to get sick or hurt till they are at least in 5th grade! I am suprised it is your first trip to the ER with two boys! You are doing something right. I feel like it is our second home! I am glad to hear that everything will be okay. Hang in there. I swear only you would think to get pictures. You have always had the picture mind!!
Oh my gosh!!! I want to cry for that little guy (and for his mommy!) What a trooper to be playing and even smiling... good 'ol Trevie! I hope his hip gets rid of 78 years and starts feeling better. Call me if you need anything, lady!
Post a Comment