Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Fun

There are always so many festivities that go along with our Easter celebration! The boys are at a perfect age to start enjoying the Holiday and having fun with each other as they create, find, and explore. Coloring eggs is a must and surprisingly the boys didn't make a mess while doing it! I think my hands had more color on them this year then their hands did!
Shane wrote his name on his egg and was so excited to see the "magic" happen once he put it in the dye since he couldn't see as he wrote.I think this is the first year Trevor has really been into coloring the eggs. He loved dunking and dipping each of his eggs.The bunny came Easter morning and left a trail of M&M's down the stairs. However, they usually take the boys to their baskets but the M&M's ended once they were downstairs! That bunny decided Shane and Trevor were old enough to find their own hidden baskets this year and guess what, they did!Shanners loving his new game. I think we have played this 100 times since he got it!PEZ are an obsession in our house and the E. Bunny hooked up Mr. T! This candyoholic is in love with candy filled Holidays! On Friday, we had a neighborhood Egg Hunt and dinner. We have the BEST neighbors! The kids have so much fun together and I do have to say they are oh so cute too.

Trevor hit the jackpot and found a golden egg with a dollar in it. He was so proud of all his finds. The kids just ran from house to house collecting eggs in each yard!
So many eggs so little muscles!


Shane is now a pro with all the Egg Hunts under his belt. He loves to dump all the eggs open once he is home into his basket and see what each egg had in it.
This was our first Easter in a few years that we haven't had family to celebrate with. We are blessed to have such wonderful friends to celebrate with. We had a wonderful week of Easter fun!

3 comments:

Kerry said...

So much fun!! Way to go Trevor! $1 - awesome! Coloring eggs is so much fun and our girls love the trail of jelly beans from their rooms to their Easter baskets too. Love the Easter traditions!

Pike's Place said...

I wish I lived on Fintry. :( Glad you celebrated with style!

KB said...

Happy Easter! As always, life looks great at the Young household... yes, I am a little jealous!