Monday, July 27, 2009

Longest Road Trip EVER!

We made it back from the longest road trip ever! We drove 2600 miles round trip through 6 different states and this is how we feel about getting in the car again any time soon... Yesterday, Damon and I were ready to be home so we decided it would be a good idea to drive straight from Nebraska back to Las Vegas for a 16 hour drive! Amazingly we made it. Amazingly the boys did a great job! We went through farm land, the beautiful Colorado mountains, a rainstorm so bad we couldn't see the road, to the Utah desert, and finally back to our desert and home Las Vegas. We won't be here long because the boys and I are headed to California for a few weeks to play with more cousins in just a few short days!

8 comments:

Damon said...

I told Shane he was going on another vacation in a couple of days. He fell on the ground and started to cry saying " I dont like vacations I want to stay home." That was a fun summer we had so many sweet times. Can't wait to do it again!

craftyashley said...

Sounds like my childhood! lol
(I don't travel so much now as an adult)
So glad you guys are back!

laurdacooj said...

wow! we did that last summer and I don't think I have fully recovered- that picture is AWESOME! I love it!! It says everything!

laurdacooj said...

ha hah aa... i just read Damon's post- too funny!

Mr & Mrs Leo & the 4 Little T's said...

LOL! I just love Damon's comment!

Gramma Stewie said...

That picture is the BEST!!! I love it!

Gramma Stewie said...

That was Lanae too!

Tara said...

I think we've all been there with the emotion of that picture...and with being out of town so much. It's lots of fun memories, but the traveling and not being home...it's taxing.
LOVE the picture though! It's all beautiful and serene, and Shane looks like he's about to lose it! :)