Friday, September 14, 2007

Apple Recipe Time!

I think I bought too many apples! The bottom drawer of the fridge is full and I have a pile on my counter top full of apples! Today I decided to bust out the apple recipes. I am having scrapbook night at my house tonight so I thought I'd make this yummy apple dip.



Candy Apple Dip

Ingredients:

1 (8ox.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 C. brown sugar
1/4 C. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2- 2/3 C. toffee bars

Directions:
Mix together with hand mixer. Chill Serve with apple slices or assorted fruit.

Apple Crisp

5 medium apples (about 5 cups)

3/4 C. brown sugar

1/2 C. flour

1/2 C. oats

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg

1/2 C. butter

Directions:

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spread skinned and cut up apples in ungreased 8X8 pan. In medium bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut in butter, using pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over apples. Bake 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm with cream or ice cream.

Both these recipes are so yummy and easy! I love that it is now fall baking time. Oh, you can make the apple crisp a blueberry crisp with 6 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blueberries for the apples. This sounds yummy too, but blueberry season just ended! Thank you Carrie for the apple crisp recipe. I decided to add in some nutmeg for more yummy spices. The family loved it and the crisp is almost gone!

6 comments:

Monson Family said...

Yummy! I wish I was coming to scrapbook night! Thanks for the recipes! I love when you post them! It is so fun!

Tricia said...

You MUST try the dip, it is soooo yummy and easy. It is a new fall favorite! The other fruit dips I have seem more Summer/Spring to me now!

Tara said...

I love that you post recipes! So did either of these make it into the Beebe Recipe Book? If not, I need to make sure I write them down!! (They look delish.)

Tricia said...

Nope, they are new tries and you better write them down and try them ASAP because they are both so yummy AND easy!

David Stewart said...

Mom Stewie here: (I know, I need to figure out how to do this under my own name....but in due time) Yes, thanks for posting these yummy recipes, and who knows what might pop into the cookbook? You can make food look so professional and classy....the simple white platters and rectangle's compliment your beautiful food well! Yum, Yum!

Cyndi said...

Yummy!!! Thanks for the good recipes. Mom...you should put them in the cook book. I'm ready to go buy some apples now!