We are so proud of Damon. He got his second Life Saving Award tonight. It is a huge honor and an officer is lucky to get one award in a career and Damon has already earned two. He saved a 10 month old baby (who at the time was the same age as Trevor) from a fire. Fire nor medical had arrived due to radio failure throughout the valley. Damon took action, gave artificial respiration to the baby who stopped breathing on the way to the hospital. The medical staff said that if it were not for the action of Damon and his partner, the child would have certainly died. I don't know how he stays so calm and does his job so well. I think being a police officer is just in his blood, he was born to do this! Congrats Damon, on always doing your best and saving this sweet little baby. As always we are proud to have you protecting those that cannot protect themselves. We love you.

Damon with the under Sheriff at the awards ceremony. I'll frame the certificate and he has a pin to put on his uniform that says "Life Saving."

Trevor and Daddy. "In the arms of a father, a child first feels the strength of a hero." Thanks for being our hero Damon.
The boys got to go in the police car. Shane was beyond excited! Trevor loved all the lights.

Shane thought he was going with Dad to get the bad buys. He could hardly control his excitement! He actually got to drive in the police car with Damon and he was on the look out for some bad guys! I think this being a police officer may be in Shane's blood too, we'll just have to see!
6 comments:
Wow! Congrats to Damon on such an honor!
A lifesaving award, that's intense! I couldn't help but tear up while I read his story. You must be so proud of Damon, Tricia.
Wow!!! 2 life saving awards...that is amazing! He is a good police officer. That is so sweet with the boys and their daddy! I love that hero quote...too cute! Well love you guys! And again GOOD JOB DAMON!!!
YEAH Damon!!! What a pro! We are all so proud! We like to brag about our Hero Uncle! WE love you guys!
Two lifesaving awards already? Are you going for some record? We too, like to talk about how our Uncle Damon helps save people...oh, and "catch the bad guys & take'em to jail" too. :)
Amazing job Damon. We are proud of you.
Tricia, cute pictures. Love the one of Daddy & his boys.
Hey Damon, I just took a CPR class tonight and had to brag about you a little! They were all proud! I couldn't imagine it being real though as I was looking down at a doll baby. "Proud on you!"
Post a Comment