Thursday, October 25, 2007

All Aboard to Santa Barbara

We are still full of excitement over our adventures in California! Life has been crazy since we have back but that is normal in our household. Halloween is upon us so that means parties, parties, and more parties! We love Halloween. We'll keep you posted with our new adventures!

While in California we rode the train to Santa Barbara. The kids loved the adventure of the ride and getting on the train. The AmTrac guys are so mean so if you travel by train be prepared for some rudeness. It really makes you appreciate how kind the airlines are when you travel with kids!

Shane was so excited to ride the train. Here he is waiting in the train depot. He was excited to wait in the special seats!
Trevor checking the train schedule.

Shane and Trevor waiting for the train. It was a little scary having the kids around the train track. Shane couldn't believe he was going to ride a real train!
Trevor was having a great time bouncing his toosh against the fence. He thought he was so funny! I love this new sweater of Trevor's he looks like a little old man!
Enjoying some snacks as we ride down the tracks!
Shane brought along his train hat! It was beautiful to look out the windows and see the ocean as we were riding along.
Once we were done with the train ride we walked around Santa Barbara and the beach. We rented some surry bikes which I wasn't too happy about at first, but this trip was all about my mom and this is what she would like to do. We were riding down the street and it was Cyndi driving and I just didn't want to die being plastered by a truck in Santa Barbara! Once I calmed down a little it was fun. We had some wrong turns, a stop for root beer floats, some off roading and then we stopped at a fun park. It was adventurous for us girls and 5 little kids, but we had so much fun.
My favorite park in Santa Barbara is right across the beach and is ocean themed. The landscape is so pretty and then there is an old carousel from the early 1900's that has been restored. As you ride the carousel you can look out onto the beach. It was a little bit of paradise being with my family, hearing the kids giggle as they rode their horses and looking out onto the beach. I loved being in Santa Barbara.







3 comments:

Monson Family said...

Those are so cute! I love the first one of Shane! And Trevor on the carousel! Goodness we had so much fun! I miss it!

David Stewart said...

Lot of fun memories! I remember riding the train from Utah to California once as a kid. What fun!

Tara said...

Tricia...saying you are sick of taking pictures that day. But evey picture you DID take is adorable!!! I wish I had your skill and that my "don't want to take pictures right now" pictures turned out as good as yours!