Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pieces of Halloween Fun!

We finally carved pumpkins last night. Shane was so excited to carve a pumpkin because he learned all about it in Pre-school. We have had so many things going on for all this Halloween fun I might not even brave Trick or Treating by myself with the boys(Damon has to work) and just stay home and pass out candy! Am I mean? It's not like they haven't had any Halloween fun. We have gone to 2 pumpkin patches, carved pumpkins, attended 3 Halloween parties, and have gone to 2 Harvest Festivals. Damon tells me that is more fun than most kids have in a lifetime, not my kids we love to partAY!
Trevor wasn't too happy about the mess on his hands from the pumpkins. Poor kids he just kept saying " no, no, nooooo!"


Daddy and Shane carving pumpkins. Shane loved the crazy face Daddy made! Damon told Shane he would only carve the second pumpkin if he held the seeds. Shane agreed but wasn't too happy about it. The funniest thing is he almost threw up from the smell. He started to make the gag face and noise. Crazy wimpy kid!



Trevor's favorite part was looking at the fire AFTER the carving. We sat on the front porch and watched for out 20 minutes!

We had a Halloween FHE on Monday with the Frye's, Sera's and Carino's. The kids always have so much fun. They lined up the chairs by themselves and made a train. Shane kept yelling "ALL ABOARD!"
Look at those teeth, Yuck!!! We made spooky houses which is always fun. Trevor just took a bowl of candy and ate it. That is how he helped!


The kiddo's eating their dinner. Look at the cute napkins and plates from Target. All us girls noticed the cute polka dot plates and mentioned them to each other. I guess that is one reason we are all friends. We get excited about cute paper plates. We need a little more excitement in our lives!

On Saturday we went to the Harvest Festival in Southern Highlands. Grandma and Grandpa Young were in town and Damon had work off so we had a fun day!

I asked Shane what he wanted the balloon man to make and he said an alligator. I told him they may not be able to do that but to my surprise and much work on their party look at that cute hat! They always amaze me at what they can make!


Trevor beat Shane at this game! He has quit the arm.

First pony ride! Not that I haven't tried about 3 times each year since he was born but he saw his friend Rylan doing it then Trevor got on so he decided he could do it too! I think Grandma might have just thrown him on too and hoped for the best!


Trevor loved every second of it and I think Grandpa loved being the one with him on his first pony ride too!

2 comments:

Tara said...

I am still laughing from Shane's reaction to the pumpkin seeds! What a crazy kid!
Wow...you put so much into that post I've got too much to comment on. Let's just narrow it down to, LOTS OF FUN! WISH WE WERE THERE! LOVED THAT THE BOYS HAD THEIR FIRST PONY RIDES AT THE SAME TIME!

Monson Family said...

How cute and how fun! I love the pumpkin seed story and I love the expressions from both Shane and Trevor! I know, I am so pooped from all this Halloween craziness! I haven't even taken their "pictures" and am not motivated to! But I need to so I will! You have had so much halloween fun!