

Like Trevor's blue beard? Don't buy the yogo's fruit streamers they are too sticky and turn you blue!
We couldn't have plain old boring popcorn so I made Caramel Popcorn, yummy. I'm including the recipe because it's so yummy and so easy. This recipe is from a room mate in college. Jen-remember always asking Nicci to make it? We would always tell her she could make it way better then we could so we didn't have to make it!

Caramel Popcorn
Pop 3/4 Cup of unpopped popcorn. Mix in bowl 3/4 Cup brown sugar, packed, 2 TBL. light corn syrup, 1/2 Cup margarine, 1/8 tsp. salt. Heat in microwave 2 minutes,(I cut this time in half) then stir. Heat in microwave again until boiling 2-3 minutes(I cut this time in half). Sprinkle 1/4 tsp. baking soda over and stir. Pour over popcorn and stir.
**A little side note. When I was pregnant with Trevor I couldn't make anything sweet although that is ALL I wanted. One night I messed rice krispie treats (I know how do you do that!?!) and Damon wondered what was happening to me. I had messed up on other recipes I had perfected in the previous weeks so I was mad and it was Sunday and I needed something sweet. So I said hey, I'll make caramel popcorn that is so easy I won't mess up on that! Well, Damon took one bite and laughed and we found out I could mess it up! Same thing happened again last night and this is what I found:
In college we were poor and used margarine not real butter (so I changed this) and we must have had a cheapo microwave because I think my micro cooks it too hot (this is why I cut the time in half) I did these 2 things and it's perfect. I don't know which one works but it sure is yummy!

6 comments:
Trevor looks just like his daddy! It's so cute! Ahhh...Nikki (or was it Nicci - I can't remember). Do you remember when I was so excited that my milk hadn't gone bad yet (it was expired) and I was so grateful & said it was such a "blessing" and she wigged out? Tell me you remember - well, maybe you won't. Oh, the days of R*****L, too. Man, Tricia. I should e-mail you a few memories!
YOU make the best carmel popcorn....well that is one darn good recipe! I can almost taste it. The boys sure look cute...and that is a FUN tradition! "Movie Night with Mom". Traditions are where-it's-at, gotta luv those traditions! Have FUN! See you in a few days!
That sounds like so much fun! The old school popcorn poppers are the best. I can't wait to try your recipe. My kids LOVE popcorn.
How fun! That popcorn looks delicious and thanks for sharing the recipe! That is fun that you guys are starting such a fun tradition.
Side note:Shane is looking so "old" in those pictures he looks like a boy not a kid or a baby! They grow up to stinkin' quick
Okay, so now you and Lanae have said that your kids love the old school popcorn poppers. I'm contimplating buying one just to enjoy the FUN.
Movie night with Mom...with Jon working the same shifts, I should do that with Allie too.
You're a cute Mom! Love you!
SO fun! I LOVE that recipe! It always reminds me of you! And living in PG after Chris and I were married and I would make it for our primary class and it would always short the circuits because I was running the micro AND the popper!!! Umm, I use realy butter but I cut the micro time in half. You probably had a getto micro! We did a movie night tonight and we ordered pizza and layed out a table cloth and had a picnic and watched the movie. The girls LOVE to have a picnic like that! So simple but so fun!
Post a Comment