Last night I mention to Damon that Shane needs to learn how to write his name, he's just not getting it and, poof he does it. I am excited that he learned it but I'm the mom and teacher shouldn't he have learned it from me?!!? Some things I guess need the firm hand of Daddy and it looks like Shane has already learned how to work the "Mommy System." However, being the great Mommy that I am I had a special treat in my purse ready to go because he did learn to write his name. He loves Fun Dip and seems to find the candy cupboard at school each time he comes to visit. I'm so glad I raided the candy before I left today!
The teacher in me sees how Daddy taught him the wrong way to write being all upper case and then some of the letters a little wrong but hey he did it in 45 minutes better then I could do! I do have to say he does have some better writing skills then a few kids in my THIRD GRADE class too. Good job Shaners! I'm so proud of you.
**Don't worry folks. I will break out the scrapbook paper and markers for him to write on later. I will take the pictures of him writing and FINALLY get to use the layout I have had saved since he was I'm sure one. I even have saved some matching paper too because I was sure it would be discontinued by the time he would write his name. These are the things I love. I know I sometimes go into the crazy zone but who cares I have fun while doing it!

8 comments:
I can't get Allie to listen to me for more than about 10 seconds when it comes to writing letters, maybe we should try the Daddy Method over here too!
GOOD JOB SHANE! YOU ARE GETTING SO SMART!
YEAH SHANE! It looks SO nice!! He has great handwriting! What a smart boy! We love you!
That's our SHANE! What a guy...and for sure all the 'prep time' you and Ms. Delores invested in teaching him counts too! He did a great job with his letters. Can he really be that big?
Good Job Shane!! Kaya is learning how to write her name too.
Looks like he is doing awesome and is following the pattern we have here, my boys will do anything for Jim- even when they defiantly refuse to do the same thing for me. It's rude.
*Ü*
Daddies have special powers. Sometimes this fact really urks me, but then I remember it's all for the benefit of the family and my ego feels better.
That is so AMAZING! He is so smart
You have to post the page when you are all done with it!
Post a Comment