Poor, poor Shane. He had a hard day after his birthday. He was jumping on the couch and hit the edge of the couch which sent him flying and then whapped his head right on the corner of the coffee table. Damon was sleeping and heard the thud upstairs! I was right there went to pick him up and soon noticed I was covered in blood within seconds! I thought I was going to spend my morning in the ER but after we washed it clean we realized there was no deep cut just a lot of blood. As Damon was cleaning his head in the sink Shane bit his arm! His poor eyes were just in fear as Damon was cleaning his head. He cried for about 45 minutes and nothing could calm him down until Damon started to tease him about his stinky breath!

We snuggled on the couch for awhile and then he slept. Once he woke up he was in the best mood and just laying on the couch so you know what I did, got out the camera! If I have a willing subject not moving I'm going to take full advantage!

You can't see the HUGE bump on his head or the full cut but this is the best I could do. He was so worried the picture might hurt! I'm not sure how I'll clean his head to get all the red blood color out without a major fight!

Once he felt better I had promised him we would go buy him a new movie to watch and he wanted Alvin and the Chipmunks. Target let us down and were all out of the DVD so he found something else in the toy isle. Funny thing is, I wanted to get him this for his birthday and this is what he picked out and he couldn't be happier! Now he has his first handheld- a Leapster.

He jumped the little rabbit in the game too soon and thought it was so funny! What a cute boy.

Shane has really missed out on a lot of cuts and scraps. He has only really bled twice in his life once he split his eye lid open and now his head. I don't think he's had scraped knees or even an elbow because he's a pretty cautious kid! I'm glad he is ok and will be happy to share his push-up ice creams with Trevor later. While we were at Target and he got his game, candy, and push-ups he just smiles and said, "I'm one spoiled kid!" I'll continue to spoil you as long as you are safe and sound!
5 comments:
Ouch! The pictures of him on the couch are gorgeous! He is one funny, bright and cute kid! I love how he said he was spoiled...bwhahaha - classic!
One time Peter went rock climbing with a few friends and he came home shouting he was hurt. A person above him had knocked rocks loose and they came tumbling down on his head. He had some big gashes in his hair -much like Shane. Well, (my mother will love that I'm telling this) I think my mother was just so shocked by his injury and the thought of how horrible it could have been she really couldn't think of how to treat it. I remember she bought this liquid bandage spray stuff - it hurt Peter like crazy! hahaha. She said it was when she was going to sleep at night she finally realized what she could have and probably should have done. It's too late, and maybe you did something like this but to she realized she could have put gauze over the cuts and then tied a bandana over his head or rolled it and placed it over the bandages to hold them in place and tie it off. Anyways long boring story...ha.
I think those Leapstars look like a fun toy. My boys were too old for them - shucks!- when they hit the stores.
Hope Shane makes a quick recovery!
Poor Shane. Glad he did not need stitches or I hear they use staples on the head.
Grandpa Stewie
POOR SHANERS!!! Those pictures are too cute! I LOVE them! Did he really pick out the leapster!?! That is crazy! Too funny that he said he is one spoiled kid! I could just picture him so happy saying that! He is too cute! How nice of him to share with Trevor!
Funny how kids know they are spoiled huh? My kids kids have made similar comments over the years. I figure its one way to acknowledge an elaborate gift. And I enjoy being able to spoil them when I can. Childhood doesn't last forever. :)
Those first 2 pictures are AMAZING!!! I can't get over how GREAT they are...I'm thinking those should be the next pictures on your business cards because they are FA-NAM-INAL!
So sad that he got that big cut on his head...it's a sad picture. But fun that he got the leapster...he is too funny knowing and saying that he is spoiled! silly Shane!
Post a Comment