The Young Women were having a fundraiser for Girls Camp at our Enrichment too and we bid on dessert with REAL money. I'm all about the support for the girls since at the rate I'm going will never pay for girls camp for a daughter. I bought this yummy chocolate cake from Freed's Bakery. It was so beautiful, with endless layers and yummy shaved chocolate on top until Mr. Trevor got his hands on it! Here is the nasty UGLY pile of smashed cake that landed on the floor because anything in a box that is chocolate he can't keep his hands off of!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
10 Second Rule...
We had another successful Enrichment Night, a Service Auction. It was such a fun night and I went home with a coupon for a yummy breakfast delivered to my home, $20 GC to a scrapbook store, and 2 ultra cool wallets for the boys made out of old ties! Enrichment is so much fun yet so draining! I'm tired but I had to share my news.
The Young Women were having a fundraiser for Girls Camp at our Enrichment too and we bid on dessert with REAL money. I'm all about the support for the girls since at the rate I'm going will never pay for girls camp for a daughter. I bought this yummy chocolate cake from Freed's Bakery. It was so beautiful, with endless layers and yummy shaved chocolate on top until Mr. Trevor got his hands on it! Here is the nasty UGLY pile of smashed cake that landed on the floor because anything in a box that is chocolate he can't keep his hands off of!
You better believe I didn't just spend $30 on one cake to throw in the trash! This is when the 10 second rule comes in handy! It isn't as pretty and I'm sure it will be just as yummy when we have some for breakfast tomorrow! My Dad taught me at a young age that cake has flour and eggs and is just fine to eat for breakfast but never Halloween candy or any other "junk." I think we may top it off with a nice cold glass of milk too. Anyone want to join us for our healthy breakfast?
The Young Women were having a fundraiser for Girls Camp at our Enrichment too and we bid on dessert with REAL money. I'm all about the support for the girls since at the rate I'm going will never pay for girls camp for a daughter. I bought this yummy chocolate cake from Freed's Bakery. It was so beautiful, with endless layers and yummy shaved chocolate on top until Mr. Trevor got his hands on it! Here is the nasty UGLY pile of smashed cake that landed on the floor because anything in a box that is chocolate he can't keep his hands off of!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I'd love a slice, I'm all for the 10 second rule!
Oh that beautiful cake! I was eying it last night. Thank goodness for that 10 second fule!
You guys did a great job, by the way.
my mom always let us have cake for breakfast too. its sorta breakfasty i think... :)
LOL...I love the 10 second rule and CAKE for breakfast! That cake looks DELICIOUS!!!!
I'm in!!! That stinks about the cake, but whatever! It will taste just as yummy! I am so glad your enrichment was such a success. We definitely need to do that service auction next year! I LOVE the idea. It sounds like so much fun! Enjoy your yummy cake!
YOu guys always have THE BEST Enrichment Nights EVER! Wow, I want to come to them all....but alas, we do not live close enough for that idea.
Ohhhhh Trevor....naughty, naughty. I think he got the 'chocolate gene'. (but Mom, "it looked so yummy"). That is sad....to see your $30 cake on the floor. I had to laugh at the 10 second rule....I loved it when Dad introduced us to that concept! Or remember the other one he said (from his Dad) "lucky for me, it fell on a clean piece of paper" (imaginary paper for those who aren't familiar with this saying).
Flour and eggs and milk...sounds semi-'balanced' to me...just like donuts???
Mmmmmm droool, chocolate cake for breakfast. (said in best Homer Simpson voice)
Boy what a great dad to say you can have cake for breakfast!
Post a Comment