Thursday, May 1, 2008

I love ALL my boys!

Sometimes it's fun being the only girl around. I NEVER thought I would say this but I do. I get all the love, flowers, and kisses I need from each of my boys and I don't have to share! There must have been a lot of love in the house today because my heart is full!


Shane:
What isn't to love about a boy who loves my birthday parties as much as I do. He got so excited to help me put together the goodie bags tonight. We put everything in a line and placed one in each bag. He paid pretty good attention to how many he put in each bag but we giggled at all our mistakes! I love these quiet late nights with him just me and Shane. **Don't peek below if you are coming! He loves helping me create things and told me yesterday that I looked pretty. How sweet is that? I love that Shane appreciates the small things because I'm all about the small things in life. I better get going to make some wall deco's so I don't disappoint this birthday boy!

He can't wait for his "real birthday." As he tells anyone who will listen that the other birthday wasn't his real birthday and it was LAME! I thought Chuck E. Cheese with friends, dinner with the family at Chilis, and Cold Stone was pretty fun!


Trevor:

He is a love. He calls for me when I run around and don't give him attention. He will be sitting on the couch and pat next to him and say "sit mom, sit." It is so sweet. We love to snuggle on the couch in the morning and if doesn't get his mommy snuggle time he is a grump! He can be crazy and get into things but the huge smile at his GREAT accomplishments tend to make me not so mad. His accomplishment today while I was making dinner was dumping baby powder all over his room and throwing ALL the wipes all over the floor. Tonight Trevor had to give me a kiss through each slat on his crib. We went all the way around until we ran into the wall! Tonight he came up to me and put both arms around me and gave me the biggest bear hug and I was in heaven. I sure do love Mr. Trevor!

Damon:

Sometimes he can be a grump and sometimes I'm a grump back. Most of the time he makes me laugh and brings so much joy into our home. We don't have a normal life with Daddy home at dinner and helping with bed because he's at work all night. However, he is the most hands on Daddy I know. Damon is part of the Preschool carpool when I'm at work. He rides skateboards with the kids and teaches them so many things. Tonight he came home for a bathroom break since he was in the area. I love how he shows me the police car and turns on the lights as he drives away with a QUICK siren as it's late and we don't want to wake the neighbors!

I love ALL my boys and wouldn't trade them for anything. It's great to know that anything pink with lace or flowers is all mine and no one else is going to touch it!

All this being said...Boys can be so nasty! Tonight I'm changing Trevor's diaper and I go to kiss his belly and he toots right in my face and laughs saying I tooted. Trevor tooted!!! Shane starts cracking up with Trevor and says we are boys and we are nasty! I know this is only the start of it all. I can only imagine how they will be when Trevor is 10 and Shane's 12. Oh my, this is the time I need more things girl around me!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Girl, you crack me up! As I'm reading the whole post I'm thinking, I need to take a step back and appreciate all the positive things from Allie & Jon...and then you CRACK me up with the reality of boys and them cracking up over being nasty.
I do LOVE the idea of being the only girl, and getting ALL the girl stuff!
You're cute. I love you!

Cyndi said...

That is such a nice post. I love that Shane loves your birthday parties too. It makes me laugh how he calls the party his "real birthday." That is so nice that he wants to help you and is so excited! What a sweet Shanners! And Trevor with the kisses through the crib...too cute! And Damon is such a good father. What sweet boys you have....but then you throw us for a loop with the nasty toot! That is too funny! Your boys say the silliest things. They are fun!

Monson Family said...

That is SO SWEET! and then SO HILARIOUS!! I am totally laughing out loud! You are such a cute family! I LOVE hearing your stories and now I just want to give ALL of you a hug! Ugh! We miss you guys too much!

j- said...

I love having boys too- It makes me feel special. I am happy to see someone else say "toot" Jim's family (7 boys, mind you) all said "Beef" Ewww!!! And even the little girls said it... again Ewww!!!

The other thing you said made me smile about Shane noticing the little things- I was so worried when I was pregnant with JT that he wouldn't appreciate me, or any of my girly things. (I know. I was pregnant- okay) But last week we were walking to church and I was telling Jim I took this class at the gym and I was the fattest one there, and JT said "Mommy- you're not fat!" and then I had a chorus of all these little boys voices "You aren't fat!" It cracked me up!