Friday, May 30, 2008

I have this little problem...

My boys walk all over me! Can you blame me? Look at that sweet face! I know I need to buckle down on them more. Tell them no more, make them eat all their veggies, and not watch so much TV and only have fun in their lives. I know I need to let them know who is boss but then they give me a smile or make me laugh and I can't help it!

The problem came to a realization while we were in Idaho. I ran in to the gas station to get something to drink and Shane came in with me. He wanted a candy and I told him no. As we walked around the store he continued to hold the candy. He asked again and I said no, again! He then said and I QUOTE,"Why? Because if I just cry I'll get it anyway!" I was in shock but couldn't help laugh too! He's a little smarty but still has some things to learn because now I'm on to his games!!!

6 comments:

ElRae said...

Oh Tricia, he has so got your number! I must agree though, it is hard when they are so dang cute. I bet you are excited for next week to be over and done with school.
ElRae

David Stewart said...

Well Shane - you gave up your secret!! Tricia - you need to get "the Look" to let them know the answer is final!

Dad

Cyndi said...

He is such a little SMARTY PANTS. That is such a cute story though...I love it.

TAMMY ELIZABETH said...

What a cutie--I would have a hard time saying "no". Actually saying "no" and sticking with it has been one of my biggest challenges so I understand!

Monson Family said...

I LOVE that! That is too funny and Shane is too smart! I could never say no to you cute boys! They are too cute and too fun!

Gramma Stewie said...

Uh-oh, watch out....