Really, look at the joy on BOTH of their faces. Shane could not believe it and Damon is one proud Daddy. Don't worry Grandma, Damon is beyond cautious and worried about safety which is good because you can never be too cautious with guns.
It was a serious event once Shane started to shoot. He couldn't believe he actually hit the water jug and water spilled out everywhere!
Here is Mr. Trevor annoyed that Mommy interrupted his turn! I don't think he technically shot the gun just was touching it while Daddy shot, but don't tell Trevor!
The cutest part (should I say there is a cute part to shooting?) was Trevor with Damon's heavy duty ear protection for work when he goes shooting. It reminds me of the old ear phones my mom had when I was little. My sisters and I would wear them as we rocked out to her Air Supply record!
I about died laughing at this face Trevor is pulling! It's a classic face when he's mad at Shane. He must have just said, "NO" and was starting to say Shane! I'm sure Shane was wanting his turn at the cool ear piece. I love how he crunches his eyebrows.
Trevor found some of Shane's old shoes and boy does he look ultra cool! We have lost about one of EVERY shoe in our house and it's time to do some serious shopping.
We had a great day. Shane still asks when we can "shot" a gun again. There is no question about it, my boys are 100% boy and Daddy loves teaching them all the boy things. Don't worry, I put my motherly touch in there too and have them open doors and am working on letting the girls always go first. I don't think it's ever too young to teach them and I about cry whenever Shane opens the door for me at a store. What a sweetie.

8 comments:
Tricia, you 'know me like a book'...cuz I was feeling concern as I read this blog! I'm glad Damon has a GIANT SAFE for all those dangerous things. And I am assured (somewhat) that Damon is extra cautious with them in this. I just worry about their little minds not being able to determine the difference between real guns and play guns. I do see the happiness in both Damon's face and Shane's in that one picture. I love the matching jackets both the boys are wearing too! They look cute! All I can say is SCAREY! Love you guys!
Oh I just had a childhood flashback of being with my boy cousins (Damon & brothers). Stringing lizards up on the fence, hunting for wolves and snakes, and shooting things with beebee guns. All were 100% boy (definately not girly men-huh, Damon). Some of my favorite memories!
That is so fun! You can totally tell they ALL loved it! That picture of Trevor being grouchy to Shane is hilarious! You can tell he is about to say Shane! So cute! They look so cute in their matching sweatshirts!
First of all can I say that the boys look SO cute! I love every picture! How fun! But also I am a lot like mom and still a little scared. I definitely need girls...I don't think I would be ok with stuff like that at such a young age...but I'm glad Damon is cautious with it. 143
Ditto on Tam's above comment, I remember pumping that air bb gun til we thought it would burst and shooting poor helpless caterpillars and bugs. Crazy boys!!
Your boys are adorable!!
And they all look so happy!!
Hugs to all!
Nance
If Jer saw this post he'd run right out and take Jayce shotting as well -- "But Damon does it," he'll say. :) I don't think that I'm ready for that -- not that I don't feel that Jer isn't safe, but simply because it means my little guy is getting too big. Your boys are cute and obviously love their dad!
You're a good wife Tricia
Damon looks like the proudest Dad in town!
Awww, c'mon - Shooting is NOT white trash! I remember Damon and I used to go up to Cherry Creek above Ojai and blast at a steel target with his 'Shorty'!
Looks like a fun time for all!
Moose
Post a Comment