Aloha Pasta Salad3 cups medium Shell pasta (uncooked)
1 cup Best Foods Mayonnaise
1- 8oz. bottle Kraft Coleslaw dressing
6 chicken breasts cooked and cubed
2- 20 oz. cans crushed pineapple (drain and reserve juice)
2 cups diced red apples (soak in pineapple juice to preserve)
2 cups red seedless grapes
2 cups chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup minced onion
1 small jar pimento
1/2 cup cashews
salt and pepper
Cook pasta according to package. Cool and stir in dressings. Add remaining ingredients. Drain off pineapple juice from apples before adding to pasta. Add salt and pepper to taste.
**For my little family I cut recipe in half and it still made this big bowl!
I love recipes so please share. What is your favorite summer time salad that you make for dinner? Please share. Now I'm hoping Mr. Robo Cop doesn't think this dinner is too girly!

3 comments:
That looks so yummy!! I'll have to try it!!
My mom and I love, Love, LOVE the BBQ chicken tostada salad at BJ's and Acapulco and I think we've had it at another restaurant too. Anyways it's so yum. So we deciphered it and make our version at home - it's so delicious. I hope I can remember all the details...
(let me say that there aren't really set amounts for these ingredients..ha - we just eyeball it)
Finely torn or chopped lettuce - it's nice to use a couple different kinds but iceberg is just fine all by itself.
1/2 a jicama chopped into small bite size pieces. I guess I'd say 1/2" square pieces.
1 can of corn drained (or you can use the frozen corn- but we've discovered this great canned corn that has virtually no liquid)
1 can of black beans drained and rinsed (you could use pinto or kidney beans - it doesn't really matter)
1 large tomato chopped or a generous amount of grapeseed tomatoes
1 bell pepper chopped - you can be fancy and use a yellow or red one - they tend to be sweeter too.
if you have it and you like it you can add avocado to this salad too.
We buy those bags of grilled chicken strips at Smart and Final or Costco - take one bag and cut each strip into 3 or 4 pieces (1"ish).
grated jack cheese
chopped green onion.
Okay toss all of those ingredients together. Serve on either a fried flour tortilla or a hadnful of semi-crushed tortilla chips.
The dressing is where this gets interesting - mix equal parts ranch dressing with BBQ sauce. It's so delicious! I think we usually do a 1/2 cup of each and if we have leftovers store it for another night.
Another favorite salad is from Mimi's and it's virtually the same as a above only mimi's doesn't use jicama and the dressing is a zesty ranch. Lighthouse dressings makes an AWESOME jalapeno ranch dressing. I use that and I squirt a wedge or two of lime over my salad before I eat - that makes it yummy too.
I'm going to try your salad it looks very yummy.
Have you ever made that trashbag taco salad? I made that for enrichment night one time. The original recipe makes enough for like 75 people...hahaha. I think if you googled trashbag taco salad you'd find the recipe - it's easy and pretty tasty.
mmmmmm sounds delish! I will have to try! Amy, yours sound great too! Sorry, I don't have time to share one right now :( I crazy with dance photos and YW camp! UGH!!!
Post a Comment