Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Birthday...SHANERS?!?

I love birthdays and I love planning out the boys' parties. I have themes planned out in my mind for each boy I'm sure until they will be too old for my parties and just want pizza and to hang with their friends. Damon makes fun of me but I know he secretly likes it. I don't really care because the kids have a blast and that's all the matters! Anyway, Heather asked me last week where Shane' s birthday pictures were and I realized this post was LONG over due. I have just enjoyed these long lazy summer days and didn't realize it's been months since his party! The theme for Shane's party was Super Hero Training Camp!

Their goodie bags along with some pictures I took during his Super Hero photo shoot for the party invites.
This was the first time I didn't serve a full on meal and it was so nice! I wasn't as stressed making all the food and the kids pick through the food anyway. We did have fruit kabobs, vitamins (skittles), and Muscle Mix (chex mix) along with their carrots and ranch.
I had the hardest time finding decorations so I had to make some. I didn't get many pictures of the things around the house but there were balloons and signs all over. When the kids entered there was a sign that said, "Trainees: Proceed to the Command Center" and as they walked through the front door a sign said "Welcome to Super Hero Training Camp." The sign I liked the best was on the bathroom door..."Biohazard Area."

Shelby and Olivia enjoying their little snack. Aren't our friends so stinkin' cute!?! I had to explain to the kids that they were here to learn and train how to be Super Heroes. They had to go through training and then they will be Super Heroes. First they went down the slide onto the...

rings (which turned out to be a super fun toy. My boys still love to stack these and have fun with them)Come on Shane you can make it!
Across the balance beam to the Super Toss. (Basketball hoop they had to make a basket. Once they all finished they wanted to do it again so they did... a few times even. It was a warm day and now that they were Super Hero's they earn a cape and Popsicle to cool off. Look how cute they all look in their capes!Now that they were Super Hero's they had to save the day! First, they had to save the city from falling "rocks" AKA balloons. I love this picture because they were all trying so hard to pop them!

Next, get the bad buy with some Silly String!
Finally, save a kitten from a tree. What's a party without a pinata!? We actually had a REAL pinata with candy. For the last 2 birthday parties I have ordered pinatas online and one from Target and they were filled with newspaper and no room for candy! It's the weirdest thing. Anyway, Damon has had to stand on the wall and throw the candy down at the kids so it was fun to be more "traditional."The birthday boy and Daddy. Shane is thinking hard for that wish! YUMMY, that Bundt cake looks so good. Cake for parents and cupcakes for the kids. The only problem... I got RED frosting! Poor, Rylan well I should say poor Kerry for having to clean off her daughter's face!
Notice the shirt I made! I couldn't find any cute super hero clothes that were non character because we don't do character clothing in this house so I decided to make one myself!
Shane had a SUPER 4th birthday and loved each and every one of you being at his party. Thanks to all who came and sorry this post is so belated! I promise I'll do better next year at his ____________ wait I can't tell you it's a surprise and you'll have to wait until next year!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

A post that was well worth the wait!

Pike's Place said...

Jayce and Alyssa loved the party. Jayce still talks about it. I think I was out of town, so I'm grateful for the pictures -- now I have an idea of what transpired. Good job, Tricia!

Jodi said...

Tricia you and Lanae throw the greatest parties! I'm definitely calling you when I am brave enough to have a full blown party for my little ones.

Erica and Curtis said...

Tricia, thanks for these pictures. It was so fun to see what Peyton enjoyed that day. He loved this party and I am so amazed at your creativity as always! These pictures are way cute.

j- said...

How totally cute it looks like it was a huge success- You actually do what I can dream up but never get around to!! You are awesome!

Cyndi said...

Nice work TRICIA! Looks like so much fun! I so wanted to go but it was too crazy here just starting our business and everything. Glad to finally see the pictures of the fun party! Can't wait for next year!!!!!

laurdacooj said...

oh my holy heck... (real morman expression! ha ha) you are so so awesome! Can I hire you for Jackson's birthday! You are so so rad-i-coooool!!! Way to go, super fun mama!

David Stewart said...

That party was a blast! All my girls are so creative!

Moose and Family said...

You did another great job!! You should considering putting on high end birthday parties for rich people. How fun would it be to spend other people's money and create super cool birthdays!

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a sweet theme this was. I will have to share it with all of my girlfriends that have little guys.

denise @ little ant design said...

I'm so glad I found this post. I am planning a superhero party for my little guy that is turning 7. I loved your ideas and may need to steal, er borrow some ideas.

Jen said...

Yay!! thanks my son is turning 4 and he wants the same party This is a real help thank u so much!!!

Kelly O. said...

FYI they ship pinatas filled with paper to keep their shape but you "should" be able to remove the paper and fill it with candy... if you couldn't remove the paper, then I agree, it's not really that fun!

Summer and Hunter said...

love it. what's in your superhero survival kit?

Coley said...

I'd love to know what was in the super hero survival kits!

Coley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

where did you get the bad guys face?