Look at how cute our new little pets are. Rocko is on the left and Rocky is on the right handmade by Shane and Trevor!

I wanted something fun to do today besides coloring so I introduced none other then the pet rock! Shane is just loving Rocko and is taking him on many adventures around the house. They have had a "nap", watched TV, played pirates in the pirates ship and even drove Mickey Mouse's car! Shane even told Rocko the 3 magic words!

Trevor so excited to paint a rock! Good thing we live in Vegas with lots, and lots, and LOTS of ROCKS!

Shane was doing his best job on his rock. He asked me if he could name his rock Rocko. How cute is he!?!

I went to grab the googlie eyes and came back to this proud moment of Trevor's! My reaction, "Are you kidding me?" Trevor thinking his new canvas is wonderful says, "No!" Glad I took his clothes off for this mess making.

Trevor when he was done painting his ROCK!

The joy on Shane's face! Oh I was just informed that Rocko is at a birthday party! What a fun Daddy for taking him there.

I couldn't get a picture of Shane with Rocky because he is Shane's little shadow and had to put it up by his face like Shane did!

I'm having to get creative to beat this heat indoors! I loved pet rocks as a kid and it's so much fun seeing the boys love of their handmade pets. All you need is a rock and some tempera paint! I have a major supply of googlie eyes from my teaching supplies so we added those on with the glue gun. Next time I will only give them each 1 or 2 colors so it doesn't turn into a brown blob like it did this time! Oh and next time I will make sure Trevor doesn't touch the shower curtain with his messy paint hands as I'm filling the tub up with water. I hope that paint comes out!
10 comments:
cute summer art project. the boys'r rocks turned out really cute! i might just have to try that with jack. i'm sure he'd love it. i'm just wondering, have either of the pet rocks been thrown around the house? jack loves to throw everything, but i guess we could just have really small pet rocks. that would work for us.
I love your new PETS! So much fun and they don't have any potty accidents in your house! That is a great project and it looks like the boys LOVED it.
I love the full on shot of Shane without pants because that is exactly how Peyton goes around our house when we are just chillin.
I hope you pets are allowing you to train them alot better than mine is!!
that is too cute! I have to say, I fell asleep yesterday a d woke up to wadis painting and SHE had painted her face red! She had already wiped it off but you. Could still see it a little. Their rocks turned out so cute!
So cute! I'm going to have to try this. (Note to self, buy googly-eyes.) What a cute little project, and something you COULD do more than once. Since Allie is back into painting everyday, I think we are going to try this soon. (Thanks for great ideas.)
And I LOVE that both the boys totally got into it and loved it. Their pets are adorable...but yes, a little brown. (Love that Shane is taking his around everywhere!)
What a fun project! Those are my kind of pets. :)
oh I love the pets! They are definitely my kind of pet. Have you ever made clean mud? It might be a fun activity for your indoor play. Another clean indoor fun thing to do is shaving cream marble painting. Anyways I think it's so great that you are brave to do these activities - your children are lucky!
What a great way of doing something with the kids and keeping it crafty.
That Rocks! What a great Mom you are to come up with fun projects for them to do... do you think I can have them make pet rocks on the Wii?
You are so fun and crafty! The boys look like they had a good time. We'll have to try something like that.
Post a Comment