Thursday, July 3, 2008

Overlooked

How could I ever miss this photo shoot? Look at how precious my little Trevor looks. I almost tear up looking at him because now he is 2 and I'm not sure where the last 2 years went since I took this picture in September of 2006. I haven't even really looked at them and so much has changed. He was just sitting up and still wobbly when these pictures were taken. He drooled like crazy and loved to be held. Now almost 2 years, he runs like crazy and hardly stops moving all day long! We do get snuggle time in each morning as he watch Mickey Mouse and drinks his morning cup of milk. He was one solid little 5 month old! Funny thing is, I think I bought those darling little pants with picture taking in mind. 2 years later I'm finally seeing my vision and I do say they look cute in the pictures!
You may be wondering why I'm finally looking at old pictures. Well, two reasons really. I was talking to my friend, Kerry, (she's a non-blogger so I can't link you to her blog but we'll forgive her! ) about the most valuable thing in your home. Surprisingly, our computers. No not because of how much I paid for my good old Sony Viao 4 years ago but because of what is on it, my pictures. You may be shocked to find out that I'm the worst picture organizer EVER! They are all over my computer in different spots. Saved on the external hard drive in totally different files and on CD's all over the house. Some in the desk, some in picture boxes in the closet, some in the safe. Pictures mean so much to me. Like the above pictures brought back memories of Trevor like they were yesterday that I'm sure I would have forgotten. Now that I have more time since I'm not working I am going to turn into the best picture organizer EVER!

The second reason, I'm going through all my pictures are because of THE SUMMER SCRAPBOOK CHALLENGE brought to you by Donna and ElRae (yes, more non-blogging friends). I get a little competitive so this challenge completely works for me! Donna and ElRae came up with everyone puts in $10 and the money goes towards prizes. The person with the most scrapped pages in 2 months wins the grand prize a gift card to the scrapbook store. We'll have a kick off party and a crop at the end to share our pages and scrapbook. You can earn raffle tickets too which makes it fun and creative. I have been busy and scrapbooked more in the last 2 days then I have in years! My folder with my complete pages is getting full but I won't tell you how full because I don't want other participants to feel bad because I'm kicking their butts!

6 comments:

Cyndi said...

What a fun summer challenge! That is a good way to stay motivated to scrap. Scrappin is fun. And those pictures are too cute. Good luck with organizing all your photo's...let me tell you it is so nice to have them organized. My photo goal is to organize (which i sort-of did already) and scan all printed pictures that I have.

Pike's Place said...

I can't be a party to a contest that I'll know I'll miserably lose! That's a great idea, though!

Pike's Place said...

By the way, Kerry, you should blog!

Anonymous said...

SO SO SO glad you're getting scrapbooking done! That's the whole point behind the challenge... even if you don't win! :) Snicker, snicker!

Monson Family said...

OH MY GOODNESS! How COULD you pass those up! Too cute! And yes, I see your vision with the pants! I LOVE them! Good job on getting organized! I know, I get stressed about it sometimes!!!

Tara said...

AMAZING pictures. LOVE, love, love them!