Monday, July 14, 2008

Staying Cool

Living in Vegas staying cool in this summer heat is a must! We have done swim lessons, swam at friends houses with pools, and have just been on house arrest not leaving our home for ANYTHING! Well, that is boring and we are sick of being inside so I finally broke out the Slip N Slide! We have used it 3 times since Friday. The only problem, we need to be outside and done before 11 a.m. or it's just too hot! This is Trevor's first time using the Slip N Slide. He was always sleeping last year when we used it! He had a blast semi running down and slipping!
I love this with Shane and Trevor running. Fun times!
Major concentration before the BIG run!
I think Shane mastered the run this year!



I know, a little crazy with the pictures but they were having so much fun!

And what does a mom do to stay cool? No, not the Slip N Slide at 10 a.m. but some nice cold Strawberry Lemonade. YUMMY!! See girls of the Somerset Ward if you came to Recipe Club you would have had some of this. **Notice my darling fabric? It will be part of a super cute apron AFTER the Super Summer Scrapbook Challenge. All my creative time is going to scrapbooking these days.
Easy Strawberry Lemonade
1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
4 1/2 cups water
1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries (partially thawed)
In a large pitcher, mix together lemonade concentrate and water. Stir in strawberries.
Thanks Heidi for the recipe and leaving your pitcher of lemonade for me to enjoy!

5 comments:

Erica and Curtis said...

awwww. tricia i love the pictures, they make me laugh. i love your boys-so cute.I agree, this heat is a killer.

Pike's Place said...

I want to come over and play!! I'm desperate to cool off. Seriously, what's up with the humidity? I thought we were supposed to be living in a dry heat. :)

Cyndi said...

What a fun way to stay cool! Love the photos they are so cute!

Anonymous said...

What fun pictures... I'm sure you're going to scrapbook them for the challenge, too, right?

I'll have to try out the strawberry lemonade. It sounds delish!

Moose and Family said...

Super fun pictures! We love our local sprinkler parks here. We took the kids to the pool last week and I couldn't relax and enjoy myself while having to monitor Logan EVERY SECOND. I'll stick to the backyard fun and sprinkler splash pads with no risk of drowning!