
Today for playgroup we went to Gilcrease Farms, an apple orchard, and picked apples! We left early and made our 40 minute trek to North Las Vegas! Minus the heat we had fun. My friends and I are thinking if we decorate fall, do fall activities, and wear fall colors maybe the weather will take the hint and turn cold. It's not working so far! Shane could not believe he could pick apples off the tree all by himself. I couldn't believe we had never been to this hidden gem before. Beautiful apples growing in Vegas, CRAZY!

Shane wanted to eat the apples as soon as he picked them. He was so proud of himself! His friend, Ella, had told him a few days ago how you squish apples to make apple juice so now he thinks we will make apples juice. I opted to buy the fresh made apple cider. I may have ruined Trevor because he drank his up in about 2 minutes! I hope he will go for plan old apple juice once our cider is gone!

I NEVER get pictures of the boys together and now that I do, that shadows look so bad! I am liking the long grass and now that I am home, I may have had a vision! Check back later and see if I go back for more pictures with this cute chair I have!!
Trevor loves being outside so he was beyond happy. He said apple for the first time while we were here, so I guess it was educational too!
Trevor thought it was more fun to pick the leaves than the apples! He just stood over at the trees as happy as can be picking leaves!!

9 comments:
What a fun activity...I'm so going to do that when I have kids. It's good that they enjoyed it. Every time I see new pictures I can't get over how big the boys are getting. Trevor is getting pretty tall too. Fun that he said apple for the first time. That is easy to remember since you were at an apple orchard. Fun Times!!!
I hope it cools down for you soon. It cooled down here for about a week and is now getting hotter again. YUCK! I love fall weather.
TOO CUTE! I want to see if they have anything like that around here. I know there is a strawberry patch that you can pick strawberries in the spring, I will have to do some searching though, because that is too cute and too fun! Sorry it is still burning. It is actually cooling down a little here, who knows how long that will last. Love you guys!
Well, I should correct myself. It IS cooling down, but not enough! It a was a cool 100 today.
How fun!! I love that Trevor was happy with just picking the leaves. That's so cute!
You got some cute pictures of Shane. (I'm actually hoping you DO go back, cause I want to see what pictures you would get...that long grass is cute. With the boys being little, it makes it look longer...too cute.)
Looks like you all had a GREAT day! Such day's like this are the best....simple pleaures shared with family! The boys DO look big and so very cute too! Love the pictures.
last post 'from David Stewart' was really from Grandma Stewie. :)
PS from Gramma Stewie: Hey, how does Shane even know about apple pie? Do you make pies often? Or did you just tell him some of the things you can do with apples? He might like to make some applesauce too....it's easy and amazing to a kid. Wish I COULD make applesauce with him....
Mom, that is too funny about your post. I read it and through, WOW Dad wrote a lot, but then he really didn't you did! NO, I don't make pies. I don't think I have ever made a pie since he has been born. He comes up with things and I have no idea where he gets them. I think we may try some applesauce, but the apples are SUPER tart, do you think that would work?
Post a Comment