Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I learned my lesson

I learned my lesson, I will NEVER clean my house again. Yes, yes, I know I WILL give in tomorrow and clean my house before I have a P&P dinner meeting at my house so maybe I won't clean while Trevor is awake for a very long time. I was just talking to my friend, Donna, today about how I don't remember Shane being as active and in to everything as Mr. Trevor is. We came to the conclusion that with the 2nd child you are more busy and are constantly watching them and their older sibling gives them the opportunity to get into more things by leaving markers out, drinks too low, or doors open. Well, I'm changing my theory after this afternoon with Trevor. In just 3 short hours...

He got a whole tube of toothpaste and stuck it up his nose...


While I was putting the 3 loads of laundry that I had done away he went downstairs got the dog food out of the laundry room, brought it into the living room and dumped it out on the floor...


I was cleaning up the dog food and hear him dump something out in the kitchen and see he went in Shane's project cupboard and dumped out a bag of 100 googlie eyes! This is all I go pictures of but the messes continue. We then went upstairs to clean and dust. After I finished cleaning Shane's room of blocks, cars, Little People, and dress up clothes I went into Trevor's room to change his sheets. While in their he went BACK to Shane's room and dumped out the blocks, cars, and Little people all over the floor. At least the dress up clothes were still put away. I went back to finish up his sheets and he went into the bathroom, got the cup I use to rinse the boys hair out for the bath and he decides to fill the cup up water from the toilet and dump it all over the floor! I have had it by now and decide he is ready for bed at 6:30. I'm putting his PJ's on and see marker marks in his nose and his ear. I know he has something with putting things up his nose and in his ears. So while I was up stairs he went downstairs at some moment and got into something else. Yes, Shane's markers left on the table. Plus he got into my wallet and dumped everything out! Peace is back in our home because he is sleeping. Peace for the next 11 hours and then Trevor will wake up again and we'll start all over again.

7 comments:

Bart and Kellie said...

I've had that day... I'm sorry. Sounds like we missed a fun playgroup, we just haven't recovered yet from the attempt at potty training we're in the middle of...Jackson flooded my bathroom, dumped all my scrapbook paper on the floor, an entire Costco box of mini wheats in the kitchen and then danced on them...etc. in about 15 minutes. He almost went to bed for the day and it was 11am. At least you made it to 6:30....You win.

Tara said...

Holy crap! That's one crazy child. Allie use to do that...just to a lesser degree, and when you add another child into that mix? Help me now!
You're a good Mom to be putting up with all that. Good luck with tomorrow!

Jodi said...

Wow Tricia, what a busy boy. The next time Trevor striks just remember that every misdeed makes a great blog.

Cyndi said...

What a crazy boy!!! I can't believe how many things he got into...that is absolutely insane. From the outside the story is really silly but oh man I would be going crazy to if I had to deal with that. Aren't kids Great?! Well even though he is messy he is still stinkin' CUTE!!!

Monson Family said...

Ha Ha! That is too funny! What a crazy kid! When you stop and look back though you will realize how stinkin cute it is! He is so cute and so big! That is why the house never stays clean. I swear I am cleaning all day and you would never EVER know it!

David Stewart said...

Trevor sure is an active little boy. Can we say terrible two's already???

David Stewart said...

FROM Grandma Stewie: Ohhhhh, the "joys" of motherhood. I remember a few of those kind of days myself. Of course you wouldn't know anyone who might have done such things, now.....would you? Sounds like you had a very stressful day. I can promise you, it will get better. I just can't promise you when! :)