Saturday, September 15, 2007

In Loving Memory of Sherman the Wormman

May he rest in peace. We have one sad three year old in our house this morning. Shane woke up to find Sherman the Wormman died. Yesterday Damon found this bright green little worm and Shane was so excited to have the REAL Sherman the Wormman in HIS house! If you watch the Backyardigans you may remember this episode. He kept asking why is Sherman the Wormman at my house?!?! This is a real breakthrough because Shane usually runs at the sign of anything creepy and crawly.

After having Sherman the Wormman crawl all around Shane finally let me put him in a home of a canning jar. I'm sure this is the first of many bugs in a jar with 2 little boys.


If Shane really likes something he likes me to take pictures of them. So we had to do a little photo shoot with our new pal.

All day Shane took Sherman the Wormman with him where ever he went! After our photo shoot, Shane said, "I think Sherman the Wormman wants to watch me do PBSkids.ork (he says ork instead of org, and going on his website "to work" is his new obsession)." After Sherman watched Shane play on the Internet he told me Sherman the Wormman wanted to take a "yiddle rest" so they layed in my bed while I was doing Piggies and Paws and watched The Polar Express (we are already getting excited about Christmas). Shane continued to take his little green pal with him where ever he went and would talk to him and ask him questions. Sadly, Shane woke up this morning, got Sherman the Wormman new grass and told me "I don't think Sherman the Wormman has any energy left." Poor Sherman. Thanks for bringing Shane such happiness in the short time we knew you!

8 comments:

Bart and Kellie said...

How cute! We don't know backyardigans very well, but what a cute little guy! We haven't discovered bugs yet (except for if I find one in the house, and then Jackson laughs when I freak out). But they're not treasures yet...sorry I missed scrapbooking (again) I promise I'm coming to one of them!

Mitzi said...

I LOVE Shermen the Wormen!!! Tara gets very excited when the Backyardagins music comes on. But our favorites are "Going to Mars" and "Pirate Treasure."

Monson Family said...

Oh my goodness! That is too cute and too sad! He didn't last very long! Take advantage of those pictures taking moments! He is too cute. I am sure Sherman LOVED his last day of life with his best friend Shane!

David Stewart said...

That is so cute that he called it shermen the wormen. Too bad he lost his energy.

Tara said...

Seriously, could Shane be any cuter? Funny how he isntantly made the bug BE Sherman the Worman. I'm glad you took advantage and got pictures of Shane's first little bug friend. How adorable!

David Stewart said...

I actually got tears in my eyes, for Shane's sadness. He is a DOLL in the pictures (I hope it's OK for a boy to be a doll). He looks so happy and proud (like a proud parent). He sure showed Sheman a GREAT last day of life, didn't he?

I never heard of this pbs.org (I love the .ork comment of Shane's). So they have a website with educational games on it for little tikes? What will they think of next? How fun!

I salute Shane and his ability to share his enthusiasm for life with his new friend so completely. Sherman will never forget you Shane!

David Stewart said...

Last comment from David Stewart was actually from Claudia Stewart!

I don't think he would appreciate people thinking he got tears in his eyes over Sherman the Wormman...IT WAS GRAMMA!

Cyndi said...

What a cute story/pics!!! I love the backyardagins. Is that the one where they sing polka songs??? That is the only one that I've seen with worms. Shane looks so cute and happy. Sad that he died...bugs never live long.