I'm not the greatest Visiting Teacher but hey, I do drop off yummy treats. That counts, right? I made 4 cookie sheets full of these addicting chocolate covered pretzels which is about half the amount I usually make every other holiday.
Shane has to bring a treat to pre-school on Tuesday for his little friends so we made the traditional spooky hand. He loved helping me make them. Grandma and Grandpa Young were here too and helped make them too. I was going to make them for my kids at school but after making 20 for friends we decided that we didn't want to make 20 more for my students. I think I'll have Damon bring in donuts to school instead. They kids really want to see Shane and Trevor in costume so that will work out just nice! On a side note, when we were done making the hands Shane comes up to me and says, "I had fun mom. Thanks for making those with me." And gave me the sweetest little kiss. I love my sweet Shane!
And to END this on a happy note, look at that cute toosh! I went upstairs to get a load of laundry (something I am NEVER caught up on) I put the load in and came back to see Trevor like this! He had taken off his diaper, pushed a chair to the counter, climbed up to the kid cupboard found some treats and was helping himself. He is a candy addict and has found where I hide it and how to get to it! The funny thing is the Halloween candy is on the bottom shelf in perfectly easy reach, but the boys don't know that yet!

4 comments:
Wow! move over Martha Stewart. I'm tired just reading and seein gall that you did. I've never mad emy own chocolate covered pretzels but those look great. Have you ever made those tasty rollo pretzel treats. They're super easy and so evil! you use the square shaped pretzels (although you can use the normal small loopy kind too. You lay them out on a cookie sheet that has waxed paper underneath. Top each pretzel with an unwrapped rollo. Place in an oven that is at 250 degrees or even 200 degrees. Heat until the rollo is just beginning to glisten and melt - it shoudl still look like a rollo but be soft to the touch. Remove from the oven and quickly push a pecan 1/2 down into the rollo. Then I usually put them in the fridge to harden back up. I fyou don't like pecans you could pusah an almond. They taste like a crunchy salty turtle candy. If you can get out of being a clown I have a super easy costume for you. Safety pin a floor rug to the front of you - voila you're the magic carpet from Aladin.
I loved your last pic. My second son is my sneaky one too. Why is that???
OMG! That picture of Trevor is CLASSIC! Especially with the one shoe on! I cannot stop laughing! I just want to squeeze that little tooshie! Too cute! And how cute of Shane to say that to you! Go Tricia on all the treats! With me getting sick I totally dropped the ball with the treat for Sadie's teachers! Dang! And with making dinner for the Wilkinson's I am about done for the day! Everything looks delicious...I just wish I was there to help eat it all!
I am STILL laughing at that picture of Trevor. Man, that kid is fast!! I love how he is still wearing his ONE Crock. LOL. You are going to have to buy him another pair if you don't ever find the other one!
I'm calling you if you don't post how to do those pretzels!!! I want to copy you and do them for VTing too! (Good idea!) Plus they are de-LISH!
The pretzels are the easiest things to make ever! You just buy chocolate and melt it in the mircowave for about 30 seconds at a time. Be careful you don't burn it. Dip the pretzels in and place on waxed paper. To make them pretty, melt those little chocolate colored disks for Michael's and put in a ziplock bag and snip one end off to make a small opening and drizzle over the pretzels. Let them cool and place in a bag, so yummy!
Amy, I have heard of those yummy candies on someone else's blog just a few weeks ago! I must try them.
Post a Comment