Friday, November 30, 2007

Happy Birthday Damon!

Happy 30th Birthday Damon! We had a little celebration this afternoon before Damon had to go to work. He got off work at 5 in the morning so he slept most of his birthday away. The boys and I bought Damon things in groups of 30's. Thirty Reese's peanut butter cups (his favorite), 30 balloons, 30 cupcakes, and 30 things I love about Damon book. The best gift, we are going away for the week-end WITHOUT kids! This has NEVER happened since Shane was born and we are so excited. We hardly ever get date night because of our crazy schedules so a week-end without kids- we'll be in shock! My WONDERFUL friend, Julie, is going to watch the boys so we can get away which means she will have 8 kids for 3 days!!! Yikes, how do I ever repay her for this? Well, I'm sure I'll be watching 8 kids some week-end in the near future! Damon had no idea I was planning all this and is beyond excited. Nicole, my job share partner, is trading days with me too so we could get away. I have such great friends, thanks you two!



Our lovely cupcakes. We numbered them 1-30 which ended up to be a lot of candles and took me too long to light! Trevor was sleeping so he didn't get to join in on the party but has since woken up and enjoyed a few cupcakes!


Last night, after I put Trevor to bed I had an idea. I wanted to make Damon a mini book of 30 Things I love about you! I had a 6X6 album, these are the scraps from Shane's birthday book, and I was all set to make a book! At 2 a.m. I uploaded my pictures to Sam's Club and went and picked them up this morning and stuck them in the book right before Damon woke up! The only problem, when I work late and in a hurry, I have found a typo in the book! It is even a plural typo which was something we were learning this week in third grade! Oh well, I'll fix later. Damon was happy I finally made something for him and it really wasn't hard to think of 30 things! :)


Don't you just love this paper? Shane's Birthday Book is so cute too with this paper.

Happy Birthday Damon. I am so grateful to call you my husband and the happiness you bring into our family. Don't freeze too bad at work tonight and try to stay dry! It's raining and tonight he is trying to get robbed by going to the mall and leaving Coach bags in the car and wait for someone to break in! Crazy job, I'm glad he loves it!

8 comments:

David Stewart said...

Happy Birthday Damon! wow 30!! You don't look a day over 29 and 366 day old!

Monson Family said...

Happy Birthday Damon! You have the best wife ever! Tricia, I am envious of how creative and thoughtful you always are! I am bummed Chris has already turned 30 so I can't steal your cute ideas! SO CUTE! EVERYTHING! I am jealous of your weekend away too! We have yet to have one of those either!ENJOY!!

Moose and Family said...

Damon,

Happy Birthday, brother! The big three-oh. Man...where does the time go? I hope you are having a blast celebrating w/ Tricia - sans kids!

Catch you later!

Moose

Tricia said...

Hey Lanae, you can always make one for Chris for his 40th birthday which will be here before we know it!! AHHHHHH! Really, just do 32 things I love about you, that would still be super cute!

Pike's Place said...

So fun! What a great gift! I did something similar for Jeremy for one of our anniversaries . . . I got a daily calendar for the year, which ended up being way too much. I love him, but 365 reasons of why I loved him were hard to come by -- most of them just became silly. I like your idea way better, and the presentation was great! Happy birthday, Damon!

Jodi said...

Tricia, what cute birthday ideas. I'll have to file them away for when Kent turns 30. Happy belated birthday Damon, hope it was a blast!

Mitzi said...

So I want to know if anyone broke in for the Coach bags?

Cyndi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAMON!!! Sounds like an amazing B'day...you lucked out with getting one of the best wifes ever! Tricia you are amazing! and so thoughtful! Love you both!!! Have fun on your weekend away!