Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Tag

I keep seeing this tag around and thought it was fun. Thanks Donna for not minding I copied and pasted!

1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags: For Christmas, wrap only! It's so fun have such a huge mess to play in on Christmas Eve!

2. Real or Artificial Tree: Real. I think there aren't many of us but the mess is worth the excitement in picking out a tree and the Christmas tree smell.

3. When do you put up the tree: Some time after Dec. 1. We can't get it too early or it will be dead by Christmas!

4. When do you take your tree down: Almost right after Christmas... I have usually had enough of the mess and want things to get back to normal!

5. Do you like eggnog: I only like it at 50% I need it to be 1/2 milk and 1/2 nog. Right now I'm in love with eggnogg Creamies.

6. Favorite gift received as a child: the trampoline. I remember jumping on that thing for hours. When it was time to break for dinner I felt weird because I wasn't bouncing!

7. Hardest person to buy for: Damon' parents. It's so hard and he is no help.

8. Easiest person to buy for: Trevor, he's so easy to please and I can shop with him right there because he doesn't catch on to what is under the cart. I might have done too much for him and need more for Shane!

9. Do you have a nativity scene: This is my favorite party of Christmas! I have my favorite one, Willow Tree and now Damon bought me one from Guatemala. My new tradition, getting a new Nativity each place we go. The boys have the Fisher Price one too and they love to play.

10. Best Christmas gift you ever received: when Damon turned my wedding ring into a necklace. He still gets mad at me for not wearing it but I'm afriad it will break and get lost! However, I love it so much.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received: I love all gifts equally! :)

12. Favorite Christmas movie: White Christmas. I still need to watch it. As a child my sisters and I would sing the songs and dance together.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas: The beginning of November. I usually start watching sales and get a lot done on Black Friday.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present: I'm sure I have but I if I don't like it I usually return it.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas time: Maren's toffee and Karin's peanutbutter balls. Hint, hint.

16. Lights on the tree: White but I want to do colored and do a kids tree upstairs too next year.
17. Favorite Christmas song: Oh Holly Night, I get chills everytime I hear it. This year, I'm loving Paul Potts version of it.

18. Travel at Christmas time or stay home: Stay home. The stress of getting everything ready isn't worth it. I think if we want to visit family we'll do it after Christmas!

19. Tree Topper: a star my mother in law bought me one year with a lot of angels for the tree.

20. Can you name all of Santa reindeer's: Of course. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph... with the help of the song.

21. Open the Christmas gift Christmas eve or morning: One on Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas morning. Last year Damon wanted to continue opening gifts because the boys were having so much fun. Good think I'm a voice of reason!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year: Traffic! Seriously doesn't anyone have to work! I use to hate the guys ringing bells to collect money but my kids love it so much I like it now. I keep a bag of change in my purse so they can always donate!

23. Favorite Christmas dinner: I usually like ham because it's not a lot of work!

24. What do you want for Christmas this year: a bike, scrapbooks, new shoes, and slippers. I would really love a trip alone with Damon!

I don't tag people because I don't want to leave anyone out!!! Try it, it was a fun twist on tags. Merry merry!

2 comments:

laurdacooj said...

ah how fun! so many of your answers are the same as mine! Infact, I'm playing insomniac woman right now, so I think I'll do this post for fun right now:) Happy December

j- said...

I have to go find Paul Potts O' Holy Night now- I love his voice and his story!!