We went to our community 4 story Christmas tree lighting tonight. There were carolers, hot chocolate, cookies, fist candy canes of the Season eatten, Santa, and friends. We got to meet the big guy tonight! Shane was so excited but once we were done he told me that it wasn't the real Santa. He told me he doesn't look like the real Santa at church! I'm surprised he can remember his face but he does so I'm hoping he'll be there again this year at our ward party or we might need a personal stop since we are best buddies with the big guy! Yes, we KNOW Santa's grandson!Shane asked for a scooter with 2 wheels and a monkey 'puter. He got this last year and it was his prize and joy until he left it outside and it rained on it! Trevor didn't know what to think of Santa and was cautious the entire time. He did tell Santa he wanted a "big, big, big, Leapster!" We had a knock-down-drag-out-fight over Shane' Leapster today so I'm just praying Mrs. Clause can talk Santa into making one for a 2 year old!
Trevor enjoyed 2 Christmas cookies as his sweet tooth kicking in.
The hot chocolate was HOT and Trevor waited and waited for it to cool off! At one point he took a sip and spit it out because it was too hot! My poor boys almost need their hot chocolate cold or they think it's too hot! We have the same problem in the bath. We had fun seeing the huge Christmas tree light up and enjoy the company of our friends. Thanks Lisa for the invite or I would have forgotten about it again!

Once we got home into the bath it was because as I told the boys it's December 1 and sometimes Santa's Elves come to visit to make sure you're being good but they are scared of stinky boys! Once they were clean we came out of the bath to a freezing cold room with the window open, snow on the floor, and PRESENTS! Pardon the nudity, as I said we were coming from the bath!

Shane was in shock that the Elves got in and we didn't hear them and Trevor screamed, "AWEsome!!!" They each got their Christmas PJ's (that I'm thinking don't look so Christmas-ie anymore) and the new rotation for books, Christmas style! This will be a new tradition at the Young house. I don't like how they don't get to wear their Christmas jammies for too long (I know, this has to do with some of my issues but I can't let it go and have them wear Christmas jammies outside of December) so each December first they will now get a visit from an elf which is so nice of Santa to spare an elf during such a busy time!
After much excited talk and warm jammies put on they both looked out the window and guess who they FINALLY saw??? Rudolph! Amazing how he was flying around practicing for the BIG NIGHT and we got to see him!
I told the boys that they will of Christmas dreams in their Christmas jammies. I hope all their Christmas wishes come true because I already have what I have always wanted in life, my darling little boys bringing me more happiness then I could have ever imagined! I hope you have Christmas dreams tonight too since we are now in the middle of the season!
Shane was in shock that the Elves got in and we didn't hear them and Trevor screamed, "AWEsome!!!" They each got their Christmas PJ's (that I'm thinking don't look so Christmas-ie anymore) and the new rotation for books, Christmas style! This will be a new tradition at the Young house. I don't like how they don't get to wear their Christmas jammies for too long (I know, this has to do with some of my issues but I can't let it go and have them wear Christmas jammies outside of December) so each December first they will now get a visit from an elf which is so nice of Santa to spare an elf during such a busy time!

6 comments:
Need to know...how did you see Rudolph? I need to practice so that when they are old enough we can LOOK for him, too. Love the Elf thing!!
I wish we could have visited more . . . kind of crowded and crazy. You're so awesome for making Christmas a blast for your boys. I need to steal your ideas!
So fun and so cute! Trevor looks so cute in the Santa picture! I just want to squeeze his cute little face. I LOVE those red hats! So cute and so festive! What a fun way to begin the Christmas festivities!
I love how the Elves dropped off the jammies and books. What a great tradition to start. No one should go without Christmas PJs and fun Christmas books.
What a cute tradition...I love it! You are such a cute Mom...documenting all these cute moments (naked and all)!
I can't believe you even have huge coats & hats. It's still hig 70's low 80's here. Allie will barely wear pants...and just wore her first long sleeved shirt today...but with flip flops. SO NOT Christmasy feeling.
That is a cute tradition. I am wondering how you might go about that when they are teenagers! The boys might have to help you if you have any other little ones! You are so much fun-lucky boys.
Post a Comment