Thursday, December 11, 2008

Toddler Art

I'm beginning to wonder if Trevor needs some type of creative outlet. Maybe he loves making messes because he's just trying to express himself creatively and doesn't know any other way. He is always in to something and doing something funny so I decided to document his pieces of artwork. I started taking these pictures almost 2 weeks ago.

He loves lining things up. I know this is developmental for his age but Shane wasn't into it as much as Trevor. On this particular day he decided to take out the money from the "money jar" and line them up neatly in the desk drawer. I went to sit at my desk to find this nice piece of art!


This is what happens when you drink and drive! Haha, yes I did just say that! For a boy who can't put down his cars I always seem to be fishing them out of somewhere. Some days it's the toilet (he doesn't get that if you line them up on the seat to watch you pee they will most likely fall in) but on this particular day this poor car took a nose dive into hot chocolate! He came out clean in the dishwasher.


While writing letters to Santa, Shane smelled the marker and got a red mark on his nose. I didn't think too well and thought since we are writing letters to Santa let's make our noses red and we could be Rudolph! I know, like I said I wasn't thinking because soon enough (after this picture was taken) Trevor had green hair and stripes to match his red nose!

A little tattoo work. See that proud smirk? I love it!

This one, I am NOT laughing about! It's still here I need more magic erasers which I need to buy in bulk! Sharpie on the desk. I could have sworn the Sharpies were all hidden but I guess one got out!
While playing a Rudolph board game from Grandma and Grandpa Stewie he didn't want to play but instead lined all the tokens up in a row for one long piece of art.


Once again, cars and lining things up! I thought this was pretty creative!



There is more to document without the pictures too. His sprinkle covered Christmas cookies, chocolate HAND PRINTS on the wall, new crayon marks on the wall, stamps on my kitchen cupboard, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something! What I have learned from this, Trevor needs to find some way to express his creativity maybe I'll enroll him in an art class!

4 comments:

craftyashley said...

You've got an artist on your hands! He's really creative!

Pike's Place said...

Goodness . . . you have a budding creative genius on your hands. That's awesome!

Monson Family said...

OH HE IS SO CUTE!! I love his proud little smiles! I miss him so much. He is getting so big! What a smart and creative little boy! I love him tons!

Tara said...

He is so cute. I guess he's taking after his Mommy inthe creative department, and needs his outlet too.
LOVE that you documented all those little things!