I never thought at 4 years of age my son would be talking on his very own iphone! When Damon dropped my phone twice and did this to it...

It was time for me to get a new phone. I suffered with Damon's "broken" phone that worked perfectly fine for me while he was away. A few months ago, his phone was on the island in a mysterious puddle of water with no evidence of children.
"Oh, I guess it's time for me to get a new phone!"
I was reluctant to go get Damon a new phone while he was at work because my phone was a pain. Dropping calls because it just decided to turn off and some buttons not working. I don't have a good history with phones. Well, my kids don't. With drool damage and Shane peeing on one phone toddlers and cell phones don't mix!
I got my new phone and guess what? It cam with a FREE iphone for Shane! When I talk on my phone he quickly makes a call on his very own iphone. It's priceless to see him making calls to his Grandma or friends.

Don't laugh, I know it looks like first generation cell phones. It reminds me of my Dad's very first cell phone but Shane loves it!

The only problem according to Shane is it doesn't play music like mine and he can't watch you tube. It's scary how tech savvy these kids are. My boys can completely navigate the phone and computer without my help. Soon enough, I'll be that old mom who doesn't know anything about computers and my boys will have to help me.
For now, Shane will enjoy his first cell phone even if it's big and bulky and may resemble the box my new phone came in!
10 comments:
How CUTE. I love the picture of him touching the screen! How cool is he to have a "working" iphone at 4 years old! Ü
i am already there, with kids knowing more than me about computers and cell phones. not fun! Shane is so funny. He is a pretty lucky boy for having his very own iphone!
Shane is SO cool! Don't let him call Norah. It is far too early in their courtship for long phone calls and I have to yell at Norah, "Are you still on the phone?" and then 20 minutes later, "Get off the phone!" Sorry, I digress...Shane is SO cool!
Wow! Congrats Shane- He'll be the coolest kid in Sunbeams!
That makes me laugh. He looks so into it. Way Cool Shane!
OMG I cant believe I have found you after all these years!! Your family is so dang cute. What darling boys you have!! I have gotten really good at stalking blogs. Kristi and I have been searching for you and Lanae and we found you. This is your roommate Jill From Snow!!
That's an awesome toy!! I should've saved Jim's iPhone box for Chase!! I am with you on the whole my kids know more about electronics me thing. When it come to the Wii remotes, and esp their little DSs they know way more about than I do!!
Cute pics!! I think we had the same phone I just replaced mine too, but I replaced it with the same one, though, the iPhone was too many bells and whistles for me! Even though Jim lives and dies by his!
I have had an iPhone since they first came out. Emma insists she needs one, and her flip phone she has now is out of date!
I keep explaining to her how I didn't get my first phone till I was 22, and she should be happy she has one at all. Then I just sound old!
Shane is way to cute in all those photos. Hope he enjoys his iPhone!
Ha Ha! That is hilarious! How creative! What a fun little boy. I know, isn't it crazy how they navigate that thing!!! I thought they wouldn't get it, like unlocking it, but I went to explain it and they already did it! Crazy kids! Sadie LOVES the music and YouTube too!! I just get nervous about what she will find on YouTube.
I love that Shane is so into his "phone." And I bet you love how economical it was to get 2 iphones.
Thanks for sharing this cute story.
Post a Comment