Tuesday, November 4, 2008

only 3 days

Dear Damon,

It's only been 3 days since you have been gone and we miss you terribly. I haven't cooked once since you have been gone and I am enjoying no dishes too! But there are a lot of things you do that I'm missing! I'm missing you chasing after this...
He has been crazy! He needs your attention after work! Him and Shane have developed this LOUD non-stop play that is hurting my head. I think it might be all the Halloween candy, it's almost gone! Did I just admit that I have been letting the boys have free rein on their candy, YIKES! Oh well, the good stuff will be one soon and then I can toss the junk candy.

Shane needs your attention too. You know how sweet he looks, but you know how sassy he can be. He wonders if you have caught that dragon yet?


I miss hearing the boys scream your name as you walk in the door. I miss Trevor teasing you and saying, "No DAAD!" Just waiting for you to come get him.


We are proud that you were able to put 9 kids in school today! We didn't accomplish much but spend some money and went shopping! You know what I like to do when I'm bored, right? You did say I could go to the Gap so we did. Don't worry the Gap card isn't maxed out.. yet! It is 10% off Tuesday so think of all you SAVED! We even had to buy some shirts at Gymboree today because they were made in GUATEMALA! We got to support your peeps! Sorry, but I didn't miss hearing you asking me how much I spent.



I miss having someone to laugh with and tell about my day. I miss break time when you come home so I can blog. Instead I have broken apart many fights between these boys but for the most part they are good.


I am tired. I don't sleep well without you by my side. Shane is happy to join me in bed while you are away but he kicks way too much!


The boys miss you too. If I open a door and they hear a beep they scream DADDY and sadly realize it is just me. They miss hearing pac man in the background as they play. They miss you getting them drinks. Well, I really miss you doing this I'm sure they don't care. Shane wonders where you sleep in Guatemala.


We are glad you are helping so many children but can't wait until you are home helping us! Enjoy your trip and know we are missing you and are waiting your return. Don't worry, I'm not too lonely. There will be project days, late nights, lunch dates, and maybe even a girls night out! We love you and be safe.
Love,
Tricia
**Pictures taken in Idaho in May 2008.

7 comments:

Julie said...

YEAH! GNO I'm excited for that.

So I am totally crying at your post, how sweet it is. Gabe misses Damon too!! He will tell me out of the blue Damon is far away. I am so touched by what he does for the kids there in Guat.
Damon your the man!!

Tricia said...

I MISS YOU GUYS TOO!!I THINK ABOUT YOU ALL THE TIME AND WISH YOU WERE HERE WITH ME. I MISS MY BOYS.

My work here is almost done. We have done so much for so many. These young children are so much better off and slept last night with hope that they will one day be free. They sent their love to you and have thanked you for all you have done for them. They loved your candy you sent them. As i drove away from their humble homes i rubbed by hands accross my face only to discover a sticky mess from your candy left behind from their endless kisses.

I can assure you that our financial sacrifce has been well worth it!! if i could find a way to survive i would give it all away, we have been given to much in life. enjoy your days away from me for i will soon be home and you will soon be asking me to go back.

i have great pics to share with you and many things to tell you. Hug the boys for me and tell shane the dragon is dead.

life is better then i ever thought was possible, thanks for making it that way.

i love you with all my heart

be well

damon

ps. tell my little buddy gabe that i miss him too.

craftyashley said...

Those are such stunning pictures!
How long do you have to wait for your hubby?

j- said...

I love this post! I could write one for Jim just for being gone for the 10 hrs he is gone each day- esp since I've been sick, poor guy when he gets home, he gets the grumpy, worn out, end of the day Nance- he is a trooper though and loves me anyway!!

Jodi said...

I love blog love notes. Yours was no exception.

Monson Family said...

I LOVE ALL those pictures!! I hope you are surviving without Damon! Enjoy not cooking!!!

The Wach Family said...

You guys are amazing. The amazing things people do (who would've seen it back in high school?). I am so glad that things are going well for Damon and so touched that you are willing to give him up so that he can bless others lives for generations!