(Shane after leaving his Idaho cousins house, May 2008.)
I'm entitled to days like this. I just don't really want to do anything but my list of things just keeps getting bigger and bigger. My head hurts from a lack of allergy med. I want something sweet to eat but don't want to mess up my kitchen for the 100th time today! I'm tired, yet need to stay up late to work. I need to go running but don't want to. But most of all, I'm sick of people acting like they are my friends but not supporting me in the things I do and then flaunting it in my face. I'm over it!The words to a song my friend Beth Pergola wrote comes to mind and I often sing it to Shane and Trevor..." I'm a grump, grump, grump so just go away! I don't want to come out and I don't want to play!"
Don't worry, I'll be back to normal tomorrow but I just needed a day. Anyone else ever need a poor me? I'm sure I'll be fine in a few minutes actually because the only show I LOVE is on in 6 minutes. I'll get to veg on the couch and relax. I'm thinking that is just the thing I need!

9 comments:
We all need a "poor me" day! I'm sorry you're bummed -- is there anything I can do? Tricia, you're fabulous! Just take it easy tonight . . . the work can wait. Good luck!
I had a "poor me" day yesterday... that's trickling down into today. The twins are sick- and now I'm sick. Waaa! .... and I just realized I'm doing Thanksgiving this year- in a week & a half. Great.
Tricia - You fooled me! Thank you for taking time out of your day to spend with all of my grumps!! :) Hopefully today is a better day! Like Lisa said, your fabulous! You don't know how many of us look up and admire you for all you are able to do and accomplish!! It's true! Kerry
It's funny how being a mom, you always need to function, but sometimes you just don't wanna!
Hope you feel better!
Tricia, I am so sorry for your day. Take comfort in the fact that we all have them and it is OK, you are doing your very best and that is all we are asked to do. If you just have one bad day, then I am really grumpy!-I have had a BAD week. A good cry in the closet always helps :)
I am so sorry you had such a bad day. So I want to know, what is the one show? Have fun at Twilight! I wish I was there to go with you girls.
Poor Tricia! I am so sad that my friend is having a bad day (even though I reading this the next day!) You are entitled to a poor me day and then some. Call me whenever you need to commiserate- I 'm always good for that! :-) I hope you have a happier day- just think- "Twighlight" is coming soon! Love ya!
I am having one of those days too! And it has been a none stop day so my girls did not get ANY rest and neither did I. Plus I was feeling really nautious this morning so I took a phenergan and it has made me SOOOO tired all day! It is 6:30 and the girls are already in bed because grouchy mommy is done! So I am sorry you are having a grouchy day! I hope today was better and that things will look brighter and friendlier!
Sorry about your grumpy day. Sorry some people are just DUMB.
Just called and talked to you, so I'm glad you are having a better day today. LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment