Saturday, December 27, 2008

Finding the truth about Santa

This year for Christmas there has been a lot of talk about the good list and the bad list. Shane was always sure to tell me about bad things Trevor would do and how Santa checks the list twice. Before Christmas Shane was pretty much confident and satisfied with being on the good list and assured me he is always good.



Yesterday morning, the day after Christmas, Shane was playing with his new toys. He was having fun with Trevor and they had been playing for awhile when Shane has a new realization. It went like this...
Shane: Guess what mom?
Mom: What?
Shane: I was bad on Christmas. (We had a few tears and a sassy 4 year old at one point but nothing too bad on the actual day)
In a sassy voice he continues on.
Shane: And Santa still brought me presents!!
He figured it out the big guy is just too nice!! He will always get presents. I didn't want this realization to happen so young so I tried to explain it but he didn't want to listen or believe me that he was good for this Christmas and since all the toys were already there being bad on Christmas will be for next year's Christmas and toy! No such luck he is just too smart for his own good!

4 comments:

Monson Family said...

He is too smart and too cute! I LOVE it! I can just hear the sassy tone right now! I LOVE IT!

craftyashley said...

Darn! So now he'll only have to be good for the Easter Bunny?

Vegas Bronley's said...

Jake and Trent got buckets of Coal this year from Santa. They also got a small stocking with one item in it and a small lego toy. So they think that even though they were bad they still got something. So you never know what they are thinking. But it was cute that Shane figured that out.

j- said...

Cute memory- and adorable picture!!