Saturday, December 6, 2008

Good times with Grandparents

This week has been a crazy week! Not that we have been having fun doing Christmas things but me a workin' hard! I am seeing an END to my Christmas Piggies!!! WHOOO! The days have been filled with huge messes by the boys as I work away. A lot of McDonald's, Diet Coke to keep me awake late, and chocolate! The chocolate not so much consumed by me but Shane and Trevor. One morning as I was working away they were eating away! Thanks to Julie and Leslie for each watching the boys one day so I could get some serious work done. Sorry to those I haven't blogged, returned calls, or e-mailed back this week! Soon enough I'll be done and spreading Christmas cheer!

For the week of Thanksgiving my parents AKA Grandma and Grandpa Stewie came up to visit. We had a blast and I wanted to share what cool Grandparents by to lucky boys have! Each night the boys fall asleep and grandma's magic bag is empty, but when they wake up it is full of a special prize of activity they are going to do that day! Needless to say both boys are excited to wake up and see what is in the bag!


When I was a little girl my Grandma Beebe would make us the most amazing pancakes. They were true works of art! My favorite was a ballerina! My mom would try to duplicate this but we got beach balls instead! Good thing for William Sonoma and my mom is able to carry on the tradition with trains and airplanes!


They were so yummy! I decided to be nostalgic and have a beach ball!
Trevor with his new side-kick, Grandpa! I don't know how many times Grandpa set up the train track and how many hours and train play he had! Trevor loved every second of the attention even if they were just watching TV together.


We saw our very first 3-D movie, BOLT! It was darling and fun to see previews for a few more 3-D movies coming out next year. Trevor kept the glasses on for most of the movie and looked pretty cool too!

We even had a hot date to share between my two boys, Norah. She is 3 right in the middle and I would be happy if our pre-arranged marriage worked for one of them! Ok, really Trevor because Shane and Ella are too cute together with their kissing in Target and her telling me she's going to marry him! Anyway, back to fun with Grandparents!


On Thanksgiving Grandma made the cutest Oreo cookie turkeys with the boys.


Trevor was more interested in the Oreos. Look at his huge stack of finished cookies! He just licks out the frosting in the middle then gives the rest to Liberty.



The Saturday before Damon's birthday we went out to celebrate and Grandma and Grandpa along with Uncle Craig and Aunt Cyndi took to boys to see ginger bread houses, the Bellagio, and the Festival of Lights! They had so much fun together.

I wasn't too successful with Black Friday shopping. Every place I tried I lost my patience even though I had a free babysitter at home. Most places didn't have what I wanted. My mom however, had huge success! Every place I went she went to later and found what I needed. She ever found almost 30 pairs of Crocks! With all her Grandkids, kids, and mom to buy for that adds up to a lot of shoes! The best part, at the outlet it was buy one pair regular price get everything else 1/2 off! So the kids shoes were only $10 instead of regular store price of $24! I regret not having her buy us more! Thanks mom!


As a reward to all my hard work this week we are finally getting our tree! I have been dying not getting out our decorations but I needed to get my work done first!

8 comments:

Pike's Place said...

Whew! What a whirlwind!! Sounds like lots of fun and projects at the Young house. Good luck!

Dasdel said...

Your mom has the cutest PJs!
And I am floored by how adorable those oreo turkeys were. Your kids are the luckiest when it comes to fun crafts, and they are boys. I don't know what you would do with a girl.

Monson Family said...

So much fun!!! I can't believe how big Trevor is getting! Lucy does the same thing with Oreos, like the frosting out and either feed them to Me (I'm not a huge fan of the frosting) or Missy...usually Missy, I don't like slimmy cookies. Those are some plush movie seats!! Are those your normal theaters? It looks like you guys had so much fun!

David Stewart said...

We had a great time. The boys are so much fun.

Grandpa

Tara said...

So much fun! Loved:
-the documenting of the magic bag
-yummy looking OREO turkeys
-Trevor's new side-kick
-that you're almost done with all your christmas piggies
-and that you are getting ready to get your tree soon!

KB said...

So cute you are!!! Even though you have not got your tree, you are still the most festive person I know. I will happily arrange Norah's marriage to "Trevie" as she calls him! :-) Nothing wrong with a younger man! :-)

Donnie and Kristi said...

Looks like so much fun! How close to your parents do you live? I hate that we live so far from Utah, but heck, that's the Army for ya.

j- said...

Look at all those shoes!!