I got him a new outfit (he wouldn't wear the tie which he normally LOVES a tie) and we have practiced his part over and over and we were ready! When it was time to go up to the stand Shane wouldn't go until I sat with him, on the side in a chair. Not what I pictured. Since he is a Sunbeam he was in the beginning so I was nervous he wouldn't say his part but he did. He is our little politician who is charismatic and full of charm. He got up there and said his part with full force and clear as can be, it was beautiful! I even had people tell me how impressed they were with how well he spoke! Here is his part:
Family Home Evening and family prayer helps me get closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
Since I was on the stand I did get to hear what the kids were doing. During A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief Shane started singing I am a Child of God! He continued to listen and then started talking to himself about his part. He noticed someone else had a part similar to his too. The trick to get the boy to FINALLY sit with his class was NOT making play-dough, a Slupree, ice cream, or a trip to the park but I told him we would not go to the dog show with Grandma and Grandpa Stewie is he didn't try. Up he jumped and sat with his class. And yes, we did go to that dog show!

5 comments:
Shane did great!!! I feel your pain, though -- Jayce was quite the stubborn boy himself (as you well know). Despite all that, how cute were our Sunbeams? SO CUTE!!!
gabe would not wear his tie either. i could not believe how clear and precise shane spoke. he will truely be a politician when he gets bigger.
They all did great! I'm so proud of my Sunbeams! Thank you, parents! I love your kids so much!
I love the look on his face in that picture. (SUCH a 4 year old.)
Glad to hear it all went well! We had our last practice yesterday, and will be doing it next week. (Here's hoping Allie speaks as clearly as Shane did!)
Good job Shane!!!
That is too cute! He loves his Mommy! Great job Shane!!!! I love the picture! His expression looks thrilled!
Post a Comment