***For those of you who don't know, Damon is the floor guy in our house. Here is how it happened. When we were newlyweds I wanted to get a mop. Damon didn't, he wanted to save money. He was fresh off his mission from Guatemala and he told me how the ladies in Guatemala would scrub the floor with a rag on their hands and knees. I told him that was a great idea! We'll save the money and not buy a mop and he would have fun on his hands and knees cleaning the floors. That is how it began and hasn't really changed since. Minus we do have mops now! The cleaning the tile has gone on to vacuuming the carpet too since it's almost like mowing the lawn and Damon absolutely loves doing that! He makes the nice neat lines in the carpet like he does the lawn. See girls, the floors is a man job. Don't do it. I can't even really work our vacuum. I have probably vacuumed 5 times since we have moved in our house 4 years ago! Shane is a pro and knows how to empty it and all!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Taking Over
Shane noticed how our floors are getting quite messy now that Daddy is gone. He asked me who is going to vacuum? Me not wanting to pick up another chore told Shane I wasn't sure who could do it. He then ask, "Mommy, can I vacuum?" I'm sure you know what I said! We have both been happy ever since with him vacuuming and me ... NOT!
***For those of you who don't know, Damon is the floor guy in our house. Here is how it happened. When we were newlyweds I wanted to get a mop. Damon didn't, he wanted to save money. He was fresh off his mission from Guatemala and he told me how the ladies in Guatemala would scrub the floor with a rag on their hands and knees. I told him that was a great idea! We'll save the money and not buy a mop and he would have fun on his hands and knees cleaning the floors. That is how it began and hasn't really changed since. Minus we do have mops now! The cleaning the tile has gone on to vacuuming the carpet too since it's almost like mowing the lawn and Damon absolutely loves doing that! He makes the nice neat lines in the carpet like he does the lawn. See girls, the floors is a man job. Don't do it. I can't even really work our vacuum. I have probably vacuumed 5 times since we have moved in our house 4 years ago! Shane is a pro and knows how to empty it and all!
While Shane is busy helping Trevor is busy not helping! Notice the crayon mark on the wall behind Shane? Art by Trevor. More art I found around my house in the last 2 days: blue marker on the upstairs FABRIC couch, stamp on the wall, crayon on the wall, and then brown marker on the upstairs couch too! Here is Trevor happy as can be making popcorn. They usually don't even eat it just like the machine and putting it in bags. I end up finding small crunched pieces on the floors for days but I don't mind because someone else will vacuum it up for me!
Don't worry, it's not all child labor around here. I'm doing laundry and cleaning the bathrooms today too. Shane almost cried when I said I didn't need help so I guess I let him take over that too! I'll enjoy this while I can because I know it won't last long.
***For those of you who don't know, Damon is the floor guy in our house. Here is how it happened. When we were newlyweds I wanted to get a mop. Damon didn't, he wanted to save money. He was fresh off his mission from Guatemala and he told me how the ladies in Guatemala would scrub the floor with a rag on their hands and knees. I told him that was a great idea! We'll save the money and not buy a mop and he would have fun on his hands and knees cleaning the floors. That is how it began and hasn't really changed since. Minus we do have mops now! The cleaning the tile has gone on to vacuuming the carpet too since it's almost like mowing the lawn and Damon absolutely loves doing that! He makes the nice neat lines in the carpet like he does the lawn. See girls, the floors is a man job. Don't do it. I can't even really work our vacuum. I have probably vacuumed 5 times since we have moved in our house 4 years ago! Shane is a pro and knows how to empty it and all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I'll have Jer read this post -- hopefully it will inspire him to do the floors as well. :)
Wait a minute- what happened to having fun while the old man is away? All this cleaning and work calls for an invite to lunch!!!
What a big boy Shane!!! That sounds like our house, Sadie helping and Lucy NOT! I'm working on her! I am glad Shane is learning to take over Daddy's jobs! Woohoo! Have fun!
Send Shane over here once he's done! I could use all the help I can get. Hope they enjoyed that popcorn and that Shane did the vacuuming after they ate it.
You are so lucky- Two men who care about keeping the floors clean! Not fair!
Reading this while Allie's yelling for me to come wipe her bum. Haaaa!
Can I get a little of that independance & helping out Mommy attitude at my house?
Okay, I DO have to give Allie props for her "jobs" that she HAS been doing: feeding Oliver being her favorite.
You forgot to mention the blue stamp marks on Liberty! That's the best part!
way to go shaners!! gabe will vacuum, only on his terms though.
Little helpers are always nice. Emma loves to help cleaning, except her room. Go figure.
Your boys are so cute!!!
Post a Comment