Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Festivities

I think Thanksgiving sometimes get the raw end of the deal. Once I'm done with the sugar coma and party weeks from Halloween that by the time Thanksgiving is here I'm all Holidayed out. Besides, I'm too excited for Christmas and working until the wee hours of the morning. However, I have decided to give Thanksgiving some weeks of fun too because who can turn down a good party!

Yummy Fall cupcake that once I put on the tray thought they looked so cute and had to snap a picture! My boys could eat 2 dozen cupcakes in a day if I let them. Trevor just licks the top off and feeds the rest to Liberty, our beloved dog, but Shane has mature taste buds and eats it all! They sure do love making them and a huge mess in the process. I was a mean mom when we made these and Shane and I made them before Trevor woke up!




We had a little Thanksgiving feast for playgroup and the kids made the cutest turkey! I think Trevor ate more candy then put it on his turkey but he liked it anyway.

Shane is Mr. Independent and worked solo on his turkey.


Mr. Trevor proud of the fabulous turkey he made!


Shane's beautiful turkey created all by himself and then it was off to pre-school.


Not only do we have great friends from church to play with but we have a fabulous neighborhood. Once again, on Monday night we had another F. Hill Block Party with 4 other families. We decided to come inside as it was dark and getting Vegas cold of about 60 degrees. Thanks Leslie. We made the best caramel apples I have had. We put Rocky Mountain Chocolate to shame!


We had so many toppings to choose from. My favorite has to be the one dipped in caramel, white chocolate, and then sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Yummy.

Shane was so into it and loved his "apple on a stick." He wanted nothing to do with the toppings. Silly boy!



Today I am thankful for my boys. Without them I wouldn't get to do so many fun things! I wouldn't have taken a break from my work to relax for a few hours and enjoy some Thanksgiving festivities. Now, I'm sorry if I make you jealous of what a wonderful street I live on but guess what? There are some foreclosures on the street for a steal so really you could join in on the fun, even if you live in Texas!

4 comments:

Tara said...

HAHAHA! Love the little HINT at the end there for Lanae. We would LOVE it too, because while it's not in our little valley, it's still lots closer than Texas.
Seriously I LOVE that you guys get together. My neighborhood bairly says "hi" to eachother. Cherish how lucky you are with that! I don't know anyone else having little parties with thier neighbors like that.
Cute pictures, fun times. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Pike's Place said...

I'm about ready to move to your street . . . no mean, grumpy ladies there.

Monson Family said...

So much fun! I love the turkeys. Those did turn out really cute! Yes, I would LOVE to come live on your street!!! Find Chris a new job! :) Chris was just telling me last night that there were really nice homes that were affordable out there. Funny. Happy Thanksgiving!

Dasdel said...

Your cupcakes look so yummy. I could really go for one or two right now!