By now, I'm really sick of looking at turkey and this kind of food! I have this little problem, I don't know how to cook in small amounts at Thanksgiving time! We have so much left over three days later I'm done with turkey! Well, I'm making turkey and dumplings right now but that is different and soooo yummy!

This year we were lucky to have my parents come and my dad was a big help with the turkey! Damon and I aren't the best at carving and finding good meat so his skills came in handy. Besides, he makes the best cranberry sauce! This year it was cranberry pomegranate and a new favorite.

Before the festivities of dinner began we made some Indian necklaces with noodles I had dyed with food coloring and vinegar. After all our hard work Shane wouldn't wear his necklace because of the smell! Trevor was too busy playing chooo chooo trains with Grandpa to last too long making necklaces.

Throughout the day we were busy shaking up the cream and right before dinner was served we had shaken it enough to have homemade butter! It really is good. Trevor thought he was so funny shakin' things up!

I had wanted those darling turkey headbands from PBK but when I went to get them a few weeks ago they were gone! I was bummed but after we made our own out of paper we were all quite proud. Trevor once again not excited about the festivities. He usually likes cutting and gluing but not with Grandpa around to play with!

Shane did a great job making his hat and was proud! I think his looks better then PBK's!

Shane was a big helper and set the table. When I started to set the table he quickly reminded me that setting the table was his job and he is so good at it!

Shane even set a turkey by Liberty's dog food so she had something Thanksgiving to look at! He is too sweet.

I guess we have a traditionalist in our house because Trevor wanted popcorn for his Thanksgiving dinner which is better then last year when Shane ate a Lunchable! The Indians had it at the first Thanksgiving so it's good for Trevor, RIGHT?!

We had a great Thanksgiving and time with family. I need to stop eating turkey because I keep getting so sleepy and taking naps after each dinner of leftovers! We hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
4 comments:
So cute. Love that your boys do their own thing for dinner.
Those hats are perfect! Love the cute paper! And I didn't see the PBK hats, but I'm sure yours were better!
Happy Thanksgiving! Glad you had such a good time! LOVE YOU!
I LOVE those turkey hats!!! They turned out SO cute!!!! Great job Tricia! It looks and sounds like you guys have had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It all looks delicious! I hear you...I am sick of it all too. Blah....
you are so crafty! I am so jealous! It was fun seeing pictures of your mom and dad!! Your boys are darling and you are awesome with pictures! I remember that from college actually. I am glad you went pro!!
We had a fabulous time and the food all tasted great! That was the moistest white meat ever. Sure had fun playing with the grandkids too.
Grandpa
Post a Comment