Saturday, October 4, 2008

Almost to Disneyland

We still haven't made it to Disneyland but went to Playhouse Disney Live today! The boys had a blast singing and dancing around with their friends from TV! Shane loved having his buddy, Jayce, come along too. I loved seeing their reactions as they watched the show. Trevor was in awe/shock at seeing his favorite character dance and talk right in front of him. He laughed when Handy Manny came out and the tools danced around. Sadly the show was the same as last year and Shane remembered some of the parts! He was excited to see his "friends" and even sang along. I love seeing how he gets the humor in things now and laughs at the right parts. He does this in books too and I think it's so cute!


I promise you the boys had fun! As soon as the announcements said no pictures during the show Shane told me, "See mom, no pictures!"


As soon as we got there Shane wanted a prize. He remembered these from last year when we came and told me last night that this baton is what he wants his prize to be. What a great memory! Because of the ridiculous price I was hoping I could get just one but as soon as Mr. Trevor saw Shane's he needed one too. They had fun using them to lead music during the show too! **Don't laugh at the orientation of where his wand is in the picture below!


Trevor happy to have his own prize. If you notice the band-aid on his arm there is no owie just some new "stickers" to put on. Shane hated band-aids so until recently I have had the same package of band-aids since Shane was little! Well, Trevor is different and LOVES band-aids and we go through many packages now.


I think that is the fakest smile I have ever seen!


Loving the nachos he selected since he was STARVING! They had a baby sitter before we left because I had a Piggies party so I wasn't sure when he ate last. He was hungry because he ate the whole thing!

Trevor loves popcorn and as soon as he woke up today he said, "Mickey, POPCORN!" Shane had already told him that we are going to see Mickey and he can eat popcorn there too. At intermission they were all out of this popcorn at the stand by us so we walked all around until we found some and the line was HUGE! We waited, had potty breaks, and waited more to get up there to have Trevor change his mind to cotton candy! Silly boy we didn't need to walk half way around the world to get it but we did! He loved the hat it came with too and decided to strike a pose.


We had a great time dancing around and being together.


Now why is it our boys change the batons from a nice wholesome music leading tool to a killing machine and sword fight! They had a blast during the show hitting them together and making them light on and off.
Thanks Lisa for coming with us it was super fun. Thanks Shane and Trevor for being my hot dates for a day out with Mommy. Do you see what I mean about being the Mommy? I get to plan and do all the fun things and play! Good times and memories.

5 comments:

Donna said...

If you can't make it to Disneyland, I guess that was the next best thing. And the transformation to swords is a total BOY thing. It happens around here, too! It's just built in their DNA. What a fun date with your boys!

Tara said...

I can't wait to see your boys reactions when they finally DO make it to Disneyland. Getting to HUG Mickey and all their friends!!

Looks like you guys had a BLAST! I love the uncontroled, crazy FUN in all of them. (Uh, except for Trevor's fake smile one...haha.)

Pike's Place said...

Tricia, THANK YOU!!! Jayce had so much fun -- he loves your Shane. Someday we'll have to get you to the real Disneyland. Just think of the havoc our boys would wreak then! :)

KB said...

We went to the show last year and it was a blast. Not only was the show the same but it sounds like the "prizes" were the same. We have the same colorful wand! :-) Everytime I read about your boys, I love them a little more... so sweet!

Monson Family said...

So FUN!!! I am glad you got to go again! How fun is that!!??!! I love how they remembered everything about it from last year and knew exactly what they wanted! Such sweet little boys! We love you guys!