Sunday, October 19, 2008

a much needed day

Yesterday we had a girls night or I should say day out! There were 15 of us who trekked our way up to St. George to shop, dine, and see Les Miserables at the St. George Tuacahn Theatre. We had a blast! The drive didn't seem long at all with all the girl conversations going on. Some things I can't repeat :) but we have planned Deadliest Catch and WT parties planned along our Halloween costumes planned now. I don't think anyone else is serious but I think it would be so funny so I'll keep you posted on that one. We were all happy to stop at Tai Pan Trading to get some shopping in. The only problem, we were rushed! We only had 40 minutes in the store and I wanted to walk to whole store and THEN go back through and pick out what I wanted. Luckily I had THE Ms. Karin Baker to help me but next time I'm hoping the Mr. will come to help me too! He is seriously GIFTED!

We are all nerds and blog and were so bummed we didn't get a shot of us shopping so I had to get a picture of the back of Julie's car filled with our stuff. Actually, we all did super good with only a few Christmas deco's, stockings, and some other home deco treasures.


More pictures to come because I need the one of the group! Here is Kristina, Karin, and me. See we do all blog with our highlighted names!
I hadn't seen Les Miserables before and it was amazing. I was sitting by good company, Lisa, because she cried along with me so I didn't feel like too much of a baby! I remember singing/crying to some of these songs when Damon was away on his mission and I missed him so, DRAMA!

The only complaint about the trip is... it was too short! We didn't even have time to shop at Roberts Crafts but whatever. The husbands did good with the kids so we are slowly working our way up to a trip to LA to see WICKED! We'll see if the men ever go for that! Thanks girlies it was a FABULOUS fun night. I don't feel well rested because we got home so late and I couldn't sleep but I feel rejuvenated!

6 comments:

Donna said...

How fun! I want an invite to Wicked though! :) Too bad you didn't get to stop at Robert's. Are you going to ScrapFest in February?

Pike's Place said...

Okay, that was way fun. Is Wicked a tearjerker, by the way? If so, I'm sitting by you again. :)

Monson Family said...

How fun!!!! I am jealous of your girl time! Tai Pan!!! I want to see more of what you actually got in those bags so I can be envious!! What a fun time! You girls are so fun!! Ummm and I would be crying right a long with you! Especially since I am prego!! EMOTIONAL!!!

KB said...

We did have so much fun- I teared up too, but did not look at you so you could have a "moment"! I am SO serious about the costumes... it would be so funny ;-)I hinted to get the MR. to Tai Pan b/c he is the talent in the family. Thanks for the great day and laughs! Can't wait for Wicked!

Amy G said...

What a super fun trip! I love Les Miserables - I got to see it in Los Angeles - it was Aaron's first Christmas present to me 4 days before we got married.

I'm thrilled because it's going to be one of the productions at Solvang next summer! I can hear the people sing, singing the songs of angry men...ha. Anyways you're so lucky to have a day out with the girls. I miss doing that!

I've never heard of that store you mentioned - sounds fun - I might have to check that out the next time I drive north.

Gramma Stewie said...

I've never seen that play. I know Jean & Lorin Bone LOVED it, so I have always wanted to see it. What a FUN time...next time need to allow just a bit more shopping time before dinner, eh? I swear, when I looked at the picture of you and two of your friends, I thought you had posted an old picture of me (when I was younger...like you) :) Just for a moment, but I had to take a double take.