This is an all time favorite of Shane and Grandma. He adores her and all the attention he gets when they are together. This was a tender moment I was able to get a picture of. He just went up to Grandma hugged her and told her he loved her! Priceless.Sunday, October 12, 2008
You say it's your BIRTHDAY!
Today is my wonderful Mom's birthday! Last year at this time we were celebrating in style ALL together with a surprise, beach trips, pumpkin patch, train ride to SB all to celebrate her birthday! This year, I'm stuck in Vegas her in Ventura and we are missing the big celebration. If we were there I'm sure we would have taken you to Yolanda's or maybe splurged and went to the Aloha and stopped on the way home to pick up a razzleberry pie- wait I take that back there is NO way we would have missed the chocolate molten cake!
I love this picture. This was the big surprise since my mom had NO idea we were all coming. As you can see, the kids were scared that Grandma screamed and cried when they showed up on her doorstep unexpected!
This is an all time favorite of Shane and Grandma. He adores her and all the attention he gets when they are together. This was a tender moment I was able to get a picture of. He just went up to Grandma hugged her and told her he loved her! Priceless.
This Grandma is a hands on Grandma. According to her she did her LAST somersault for Shane one day while she was her after Trevor was born. They were just playing in the backyard and she thought she'd teach him something! She has treasures hidden in her sandbox for prizes, a magic bag ready to open each morning we are together and endless hours of fun when we are together. I love how the kids adore their Grandma and she adores them. It's crazy when we are all together but it's oh so fun. **Here we are with Lucy and Sadie at the Dinosaur Museum in Utah. Notice how no one is looking at the camera but Grandma!?
Growing up my mom always took time for us. She was a fun mom and would every once in awhile let us stay home to school to talk and be together. It's amazing because I remember those days of endless hours together talking at the park or in her room (sorry if I looked at myself the entire time we talked but it was impossible with a HUGE mirror right behind you and such a site to see in that mirror!!!) and yet I have no clue what I missed in school! ** Photo taken by Shane, himself. I love it!
Trevor loves Grandma Stewie too. He lights up when she comes in the room and will always run over to her for a hug even if it has only been an hour since he has seen her!
This is an all time favorite of Shane and Grandma. He adores her and all the attention he gets when they are together. This was a tender moment I was able to get a picture of. He just went up to Grandma hugged her and told her he loved her! Priceless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
SO CUTE!!! DITO on all of that! I LOVE that last picture! Where are you!?! So cute and tender. Happy Birthday Mom!!! We all love you!!
We are in Santa Barbara at the park across the pier. Trevor and Grandma were just playing and then sat to look at the water! Too sweet.
Thanks Tricia for a wonderful post for mom's birthday. You do such beautiful posts!
Love
Grandpa
What great memories that your boys will have of there grandma. What a special post to post about your mom. I wish I had the great times to still post about my mom but just treasure those times because you never know when they are gone.
WOW, not sure I deserve that...but I'll take it! :) The week before my B'day I was also reflecting on last years' WONDERFUL & PERFECT SURPRISE! (5 day party with my favorite people) It was AMAZING! Tricia, THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH for this lovely and heartfelt post. I am floating now! I just want to print it and red it every day. I loved each picture you used...that was a LOT of work you did: THANKS! Shane's special (unsolicited) HUG and cuddle...with him telling me "he loves me" was an amazing feeling! What a guy!
I will always cherish how the kids used my "magic bag" each day you all were here for my B'day last year....to let me know what we were going to do that day! (predetermined by all of my wonderful girls). It was the greatest event 'in history'...in at least MY history!
And too bad that somersault was not documented...until I did it I did not realize it would be my last one....the grass is not as soft as it used to be (I'm sure THAT was it). After I realized that, I wished for documentation. It was just a spur of the moment thought...let's teach my cute little grandson "how to do a somersault". (what was I thinking? at age 55)
The grandkids bring such PURE JOY into MY life, I thoroughly enjoy putting together little "thinking of you" packages and shipping them off into the mail.
I let you stay home???? Don't let that get out to the truant officer. I LOVE all the talks that have occurred sprawled out on our bed....I think we must have solved most of the world's problems there, right?
Thanks, again for such a HIGH you gave me in reading this post! You are amazing, Tricia!
143, Mom
Ok, how did a post about MY MOM then turn into comments about how nice I am?!? Do you see why I think my mom is so great!! A true mom, always here to build up her child's sense of security self worth! Love you.
Amazing post. Reminded me of lots of other reasons why I love Mom too!
You rock Mom! You're the best. Love you...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
That was such a sweet post. we have the BEST mom EVER! Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment