Wednesday, October 22, 2008

taking a break

Tonight I am doing NOTHING and loving it! I made a super easy dinner (spaghetti) didn't clean up the dishes, enjoyed outside bike play, no baths just books for the boys tonight and now I'm catching up on...Yes, this is what I am doing. Life has been crazy busy and it still is but I'm taking the night off with no embellishing into the late hours of the night. These magazine's have been calling my name. I already went through about 6 catalogs this morning and now onto the even better stuff. Can you tell I like magazines? Like my snack, yummy apples and peanut butter. The perfect container is from Trevor's birthday party. Originally for nachos but since then we have put fruit and dip, cherries with the seeds in the small bin, apples and PB, ranch and carrots. They really are a perfect tray for snack and we will be using them for a long time since they came in a million pack or what seems to be a million!


This is what you can find down my street any given day after 4 p.m. We LOVE the cooler weather and the fact that going outside is an option again. Usually there are about 7 kids out playing and I love that I am living the typical suburb life! I'm sure the single neighbors wonder if we believe in birth control but we all have 2 or fewer kids!


Shane happy for a picture?



This is my favorite. I love how Shane takes care of Trevor. When Trevor got his trike last year for Christmas he was too small for it even though the box said 18 month and up and Trevor is big for his age! After awhile Shane started taking Trevor for rides and they have so much fun together.


I'm enjoying my night off but tomorrow will be another full day. I'm not a list person at all. I always say if you didn't write a list you would have had time to cross one thing off that list but here goes my list since I'm trying to stay focused:
  • phone calls telling people their prints are ready
  • phone calls to book parties
  • dust
  • buy a new iron (mine just broke, does that mean I iron too much)
  • finish Donna's Piggies party (cross your fingers Donna it gets done!)
  • finish laundry
  • do taxes for September
  • plan some Halloween fun for next week
  • find Grandma BB's popcorn ball recipe (I want to make some this Halloween)
  • make playdough with the boys (a promise to get Shane to go to bed)
  • plan tutoring session/have session

I should get to work but I'm not. This isn't a bad list after all. Oh, and I forgot the breakfast making, snack making, lunch and dinner making, fort making mamma things to do too! This is the stuff I look forward too and don't mind one bit. We played in the best fort forEVER today and it made me remember why I love being a mom. These 2 boys make me stop and enjoy life. They take me for me. They always laugh at my jokes and think I'm ultra cool when I make a fort in the kitchen to enjoy breakfast in.

8 comments:

Julie said...

you are such a fun mom! i love the pics. at least one of us got to put their feet up tonight, i on the other hand just finished a project with emmalie that is due tomorrow. never a dull moment.

craftyashley said...

Yay for magazines and Diet Coke!

Cassi Moise-Shaw said...

Isn't being a mom fun? I don't get those girls who find it such a burden. I love all the little things in life with my baby girl.

j- said...

I love the fort in the kitchen idea!! You are one busy lady!! I have to read my magazines when I get them in the mail, I love Family Fun! I can do Creating Keepsakes about every other year, but I like Papercrafts and Simple Scrapbooks. Also lately I like All You, ans I have loves Parents since JT was born!! You make me want to to go and get some magazines!!

Keeping Life Creative said...

Good for you, taking a break. Hope it was refreshing! Those pics are so cute. I'm jealous of your "cooler" weather. It's freezing here.

Donna said...

You deserve a break, my friend!

I'm feeling bad that my party is on your list of things to do!

You never know, you might end up liking your list. You just might find yourself motivated and productive.

Gramma Stewie said...

Balance...is what it's about and that is why YOU SHOULD have your evening of magazine reading and your favorite soda by your side! So glad you play hard, work hard, and try to relax "hard"....well, relax anyway. Sounds like a great 'rewards night' for all your hard work, Trish. 'three-three' (Cyndi's toddler way of our families 'secret code' for "I love you")

The Wach Family said...

I love the picture of them together on the trike. I would have it hanging on my wall. Of course, you are such a great photographer that every picture should be hanging on your wall!!